Youth Speak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barryj

Banned
Car
BMW 630i, BMW M3
I am starting to feel very old at 36, the guy in my local takeaway said the following last night when I pulled up in my wifes CLK to pick my meal up:

"Sick vert bra its kicking" roughly translated means "Nice convertible vehicle brother it looks in good shape" :D

19062007168.jpg

Anyone else tied in knots by youth speak?

I am starting to feel very old at 36, the guy in my local takeaway said the following last night when I pulled up in my wifes CLK to pick my meal up:

"Sick vert bra its kicking" roughly translated means "Nice convertible vehicle brother it looks in good shape" :D

19062007168.jpg

Is that Welsh....? :rolleyes:

He wasnt Welsh, it was an Indian take away but all creeds of youth seem to speak a language that I don't understand.

I don't even bother to try to understand ...

If they have something important to say they'll articulate themselves properly ... ;)

Tally Ho , jolly hockey sticks !! ;)

Rah Rah Rah , We're going to smash the oiks !!

HI Barryj,

Get used to it mate. I'm only 39 but have 5 kids all aged between 11 and 15 and go through life now with absolutely no idea what they are talking about to each other. They all respond "yes" or "no" to each other so I guess they are actually saying something...??

I put it down to the schools these days. Our kid's school even employ a proof reader for the school reports. Quite sad that the teachers need to have their work proof read..:eek:

Respek init.. (or something like that I think..!)

Ash
(Incredibly uncool dad..)

AYE,

my neice had to interpret a guy who passed a comment with the SLK AMG i had just got on Southend about Nov 05. He said, "Thats one sick car"

Apparently thats good.

its a bit like these people who say things are bad meaning good. Then they say bad meaning bad too.

I'm with Howard. If they want something they will usually come round to real speak.

You want to here them try it with a jockanese accent tho! It certainly makes me smile.

HI Barryj,

Get used to it mate. I'm only 39 but have 5 kids all aged between 11 and 15 and go through life now with absolutely no idea what they are talking about to each other. They all respond "yes" or "no" to each other so I guess they are actually saying something...??

I put it down to the schools these days. Our kid's school even employ a proof reader for the school reports. Quite sad that the teachers need to have their work proof read..:eek:

Respek init.. (or something like that I think..!)

Ash
(Incredibly uncool dad..)

Be patient wiv 'em. They will one day actually start putting words together to make a proper sentence!

John

AYE,
its a bit like these people who say things are bad meaning good. Then they say bad meaning bad too.

How far will that go?...."that SLK AMG is a pile of pus"...."well thanks kind sir" :confused:

"Sick vert bra its kicking" roughly translated means

I thought he was telling you your shock aborbers are damaged and that if you continued driving it you would damage your back

in other words get a sick vertabrae...which needs a good kicking..

19062007168.jpg

What a great photo. Atmospheric. Nice wheels: they suit the dark colour.

Yes, youth speak. I think the sad thing is that instead of coming up with new words (which has always happened with a live language) we keep having the meaning of old but useful words destroyed. Why should gay be used to mean homosexual. No more gay evenings! Why did 'neat' start to mean almost anything anyone wanted it to mean, except neat. Then for a while there was phat. Yes I have heard Tracey still use it.

Language is a wonderful thing and each generation and district takes it in a new direction. From the ab fab to innnit and from the SW to the Scottish Isles, maybe it would be boring if we spoke the same?
If you are interested can recomend this site.. http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/main.asp
Hours of fun!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom