Yuasa batteries - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
The E55 is fitted with a Yuasa maintenance-free battery; can't tell the exact type - the markings are hidden. It looks like new, but then, hidden under the seat, so it should. Does anyone have any experience of these? I've had them on bikes in the past, but not on cars.

E55BOF

The are the OEM for Honda, so would expect it to be a good quality battery.

Yuasa is factory fit on most Japanese motorcycles and yes very good quality.

Iirc they were also fitted to the new boing 787s that were grounded so mixed blessings really. Good that they were used on aircraft and bad that they caught on fire.

We have small yuasa batteries on our telemetry and fish monitoring systems at work , never any problems from them and they operate in some pretty extreme conditions at times.

Yuasa batteries are fine - just don't let an MF one go flat as you'll never get it to hold a charge again unless you use a charger with a MF "recovery" mode.

Yuasa are OEM supplier to Honda, but the batteries themselves are manufactured in..............China!!
When they were made in Birmingham they were good quality, now you can see poor quality due to the ****e factories that make the batteries in China.
If you are gonna buy one, get one from Unipart, better guarantee. :thumb:

Thank you, gents. All useful info. ZSeems to me pretty much everything is made in China these days....

"just don't let an MF one go flat" I have a very low-rate bike battery charger that should be able to recover it, if the blurb is correct, but I hope never to find out.

E55 BOF

Yuasa are OEM supplier to Honda, but the batteries themselves are manufactured in..............China!!
When they were made in Birmingham they were good quality, now you can see poor quality due to the ****e factories that make the batteries in China.
If you are gonna buy one, get one from Unipart, better guarantee. :thumb:

Also made in S.wales----at Ebbw Vale,,,a long way from China----and I think all new Honda cars,,made in Swindon,are fitted with Yuasa battery ,.
I have had yuasa battery last 7 yrs

Last edited:
I had a Yuasa Battery fitted to my e320cdi when I bought the car, but although the correct amperage, it never seems to perform very well, I have since changed it for a Bosch 100amp and no more starting problems.
Just my own opinion, but I would definitely prefer the Bosch.
:thumb:
BAZZER1

In 1972 I was running a 1947 Dennis coach on original 1947 batteries--no problem

Can you beat that???

Also made in S.wales----at Ebbw Vale,,,a long way from China----and I think all new Honda cars,,made in Swindon,are fitted with Yuasa battery ,.
I have had yuasa battery last 7 yrs

Well no actually. Lead acid automotive batteries have never been manufactured in Ebbw Vale. So China it STILL is.
All new Honda's are fitted with Chinese manufactured batteries. Simples.

My apologies Phil ---I was thrown by the fact that I have friends who work at Yuasa ,ebbw Vale. They can get cheap [staff discount ] car batteries, so I assumed that they were made there,, and yes,,that was a few years ago

My apologies Phil ---I was thrown by the fact that I have friends who work at Yuasa ,ebbw Vale. They can get cheap [staff discount ] car batteries, so I assumed that they were made there,, and yes,,that was a few years ago

I can assure you that no apology is required. Easy assumption to make. I also worked at Yuasa during the closure of Birmingham manufacturing. Ebbw Vale bought in from China, reprocessed the batteries and distributed to the UK. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom