Z4 importing (VERY IMPORTANT PROBLEM, I REALISE THIS IS NOT A BMW FORUM!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toady

But realise you are the guys to ask.

Hi all, without getting too cocky I know a thing or two about most cars and a lot about the importing process. However, whilst surfing www.findit.co.uk I saw an ad offering UK Spec imports of Z4 2.5/3.0 LHD/RHD for sale.

Intrigued (as I have been told there is a lengthy wait for my car to arrive) I phone the number. He seems to know at least as much as me, with regards to the importing process and the much higher demand of the 3.0 Litre in the UK.

However the following things worry me:
1.He says he can have the car delivered 1 working month after I have confirmed spec dets.
2.When I asked for his home address he only offered a business address that was PO BOX
3. I asked for a land line number with which he replied 'I'm always out so it's best to give me a missed call on the mobile'
4.When I asked what his address was (it is close to me) he offered me this PO BOX number but said we can meet somewhere.

However, contrary to these rather weighty concerns he has given a £28k price inc of documentation and delivery, 10% deposit with the rest payable on collection, he has sent me an E-mail with the cost in Euros of the extras for the 2.5+3.0 respectively (he gave me a approx cost of alloy wheels etc. in £'s, although the list he emailed to me had no prices, just a list of the extras!) and he is going to offer me a number of his clients who are dealing with him (buying the z4), that I asked for.

What do you think? Should I meet him to see whats what or should I just leave things alone?

Appreciate all help!!! :lol:

Email S_Krabbenborg a link to this thread and ask him if he can help you buying a car from abroad.

From what you said that charachter you are dealing with sounds dodgy IMO.

Toady,

I'd be willing to help you if I didn't harbour reservations about who you are.

I'm assuming you are the same 'Toady' who posted on MBOA.

Toady started posting just after tobyroland disappeared, having been rumbled as someone who was just having fun pretending to own all sorts of exotica.

In his farewell post tobyroland 'fessed up - a 16 year old schoolboy whose dad had a V reg S500 LWB with AMG spec, and whose mates dad had shown him an SL500 brochure.

Toady appeared on MBOA a few days later, describing himself as having a V reg S500 LWB with AMG spec - exactly the same car as tobyrolands dad, and on the waiting for an SL500, just like his mate's dad.

Coincidence?

I already asked you this - without the detail - when you last posted about about the Z4, and you didn't answer.

So prove me wrong, come clean, whatever - let's just have it in the open.

Finally, knowing the people on this forum, if you are 16 and keen on cars, just say so - no-one is likely to kick you off. But if you're just having a laugh, go find somewhere else.

BTW - I think Koolvin is right, it sounds very dodgy to me too.

In fairness to him Spike, he did finally confess that toady = obe1 = tobyroland = 16 y.o. lad.

It was all in a post before the site went offline.

For my part, (for what its worth) if he is prepared to be up front from now on, I'll get off his back.

As long as he stops posting about BMWs :D

Originally posted by Guy
In fairness to him Spike, he did finally confess that toady = obe1 = tobyroland = 16 y.o. lad.

It was all in a post before the site went offline.

For my part, (for what its worth) if he is prepared to be up front from now on, I'll get off his back.

As long as he stops posting about BMWs :D

I agree Guy, but the way he is dishing out advice on MBOA, with that in his sig - people are going to take him more seriously than if they new they were talking to the kid down the street.

Not our problem though, but does anyone actually moderate MBOA??

To answer your question Toady,

If you don't feel comfortable with the deal then just walk away...
another car will turn up that matches your specs.

S.

Originally posted by GDC200
I'm not very technical on these things but dont our computers have somekind of ID number that identifies who we are. If they do, can't we just ID our friend and then we would know who he was whatever name he used.

"Finally, knowing the people on this forum, if you are 16 and keen on cars, just say so - no-one is likely to kick you off. But if you're just having a laugh, go find somewhere else. " Agree with Guy entirely! We are enthusiasts and will glady share that enthusiasm but just come clean!

IP ADDRESS :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

If his ISP dynamically assigns his IP Address when connecting to the net is this still possible? I think most ISP's do this (DHCP).

Each time I log on my ID is recognised because the site leaves a cookie on my PC.

Surely this is the best identifier and could be exploited to fit this purpose.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
To answer your question Toady,

If you don't feel comfortable with the deal then just walk away...

S.

I think he has --------- From Us.:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom