Zaino Car Polish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrissyBoy

I've always used Zymol in the past and have been pleased with it's results, other than the effort required.

I've been reading a lot of good things about a product known as Zaino - can anyone here comment?

This should have been posted in the bodywork section! :)

I looked at this before Xmas - seemed quite interesting, but in the end I figured that it was some sort of water based polymer layer, and I didn't like their references to cleaning the car first with washing up liquid. It might be good for removing old wax but as it contains salt this is the last thing you want under your polymer finish.

It's also $20 a bottle - I figured that swapping from £400 + Zymol to £12 Zaino probably wasn't a good move.

Link to Zaino website below for interest:-

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

clk270 said:
I looked at this before Xmas - seemed quite interesting, but in the end I figured that it was some sort of water based polymer layer, and I didn't like their references to cleaning the car first with washing up liquid. It might be good for removing old wax but as it contains salt this is the last thing you want under your polymer finish.

It's also $20 a bottle - I figured that swapping from £400 + Zymol to £12 Zaino probably wasn't a good move.

Link to Zaino website below for interest:-

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

How often do you honestly wax your car with Zymol though? My neighbours think I've lost the plot when I caress my car. And to wash, HD cleanse, then wax, you can book out a whole day!

Only need to zymol twice a year if you use the good stuff.

I'm Zymolling at least once a month - but then I'm real fussy.

I reckon since picking the CLK up on SEpt 1 last year its had at least six coats of Zymol, including a full HD cleanse and Vintage wax on Sept 1st (with 30 miles on the clock)
Car gets washed every week, including the summer when all it achieves some weeks is wash away the dust (and air pollution !)

clk270 said:
I'm Zymolling at least once a month - but then I'm real fussy.

I reckon since picking the CLK up on SEpt 1 last year its had at least six coats of Zymol, including a full HD cleanse and Vintage wax on Sept 1st (with 30 miles on the clock)
Car gets washed every week, including the summer when all it achieves some weeks is wash away the dust (and air pollution !)

How do you dry your car? After chamoising mine off then waxing it, I keep finding little pockets of water (usually around trim) that wet the polishing cloth. Really annoying!! What's the secret?

ChrissyBoy said:
How do you dry your car? After chamoising mine off then waxing it, I keep finding little pockets of water (usually around trim) that wet the polishing cloth. Really annoying!! What's the secret?

[shh] Leaf blower! [/shh] ;)

Flyer said:
[shh] Leaf blower! [/shh] ;)
I tried that during the summer Andrew . . . got some very strange looks from the neighbours, I have to say !

(works a treat though !!)

I use a can of Dust-off. There are a few places water gets caught on mine, so I blast the water out along the window rubbers, door mirrors and the bottom of the door strips and this works a treat! I do this everytime I wash the car now.

I`m just about fed up with neighbours/plp giving me strange looks every time I wash our cars every week… and I`m not even doing anything out the ordinary i.e. using leaf blower… lol.. – the strangest looks I`ve had is washing my car early on a Sunday morning in the freezing cold…

The most annoying remark is “why u washing ur car again… its not even dirty”… my reply is always “…well if it wasn’t dirty to begin with then I would not be washing it in the first place…”.

Flash

I just wish I'd bought a silver car so I didnt have to wash it so much...

:devil: :devil: :devil:

I get comments from the neighbours all the time, everything thing from the usual, 'your washing it again' to the little girl opposite saying 'Daddy said you must have been on holiday as you weren't washing your car on sunday' which was correct - I had been on holiday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom