zapped by the fuzz on the way home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noonespecial

on the way home today.. doing 80-85 on the M11.. just flowing with the traffic...

and then we spy.. fuzz truck on the bridge with their box of tricks.. :(

now i was prob caught / recorded @ 80-85... same as everyone else.. :eek:

now.. do you think they would be just knocking penalties for everyone.. or only those that really take the piss.

I've got a clean license, but i'd like to keep it that way!

thoughts?

Depends what you mean by 'Fuzz truck'.

If it's a highway patrol 4x4 then you're ok, if it's a police car then you might be ok, if it's a camera van then you're probably not.!

camera van, you know the ones with a little window to wave their bits out of..

:(

After taking one picture, some time will elapse before it can take the next, many cars can pass through within that time, maybe you escaped

I assume this is between J7 and J6 (M25 junction) in the roadworks just after the big speed camera and police speed checks signs?

noo.... where wrote.. M11

I meant..

M11

:D

don't worry you'll get used to my warped sense of humor!

:p

Yes but as I asked was it on the M11 between J7 Harlow and J6 the M11/M25 junction in the roadworks where it is sign posted police speed checks? I saw the camera van there (on the M11...) on the bridge this afternoon but it was well sign posted about the speed checks!

Your choice to speed, your choice to post about it.

Point of this thread is?

He is only asking for thoughts..........:(

Go easy on the guy. He is a relatively new member with only 16 posts.:)

Its not unreasonable.:eek:

Dont tell me you have NEVER speeded because I wouldnt believe it. I am sure we have all driven past a camera at some time and wondered whether will get a letter a week or so later............;)

He is only asking for thoughts..........:(

Go easy on the guy. He is a relatively new member with only 16 posts.:)

Its not unreasonable.:eek:

Dont tell me you have NEVER speeded because I wouldnt believe it. I am sure we have all driven past a camera at some time and wondered whether will get a letter a week or so later............;)

They are uncomfortable weeks when waiting :(:(

thoughts?
If the car is registered to you (i.e. the logbook is in your name and your address is correct) then you have 14 days to fret about whether you've actually been nominated to receive a "performance award" or not. If you have not received your S172 request / NIP by then you're home and dry(*), unless the car is registered to someone else (employer, leasing company, etc) in which case you will have to wait longer.

(*) There are certain exceptions to this which you would need to familiarise yourself with if the need arises.

Last edited:
yes. it was where the big signs were... but to be honest i was going with the flow of traffic..

As for posting this, sorry I though this was the place to ask questions and get advice??

Whats the point in post a reply that doesn't actually answer the question that I asked in the 1st place??

yes. it was where the big signs were... but to be honest i was going with the flow of traffic..

As for posting this, sorry I though this was the place to ask questions and get advice??

Whats the point in post a reply that doesn't actually answer the question that I asked in the 1st place??

You have posted in the correct section with a good question,, you have just got to sit the next couple of weeks out and see.

thanks, Malcolm and others.. just the answer I needed, its been a long long time since I had any points...

I would not worry too much.
Your speedo will probably read on the generous side so 85mph might in fact only be 80mph as an accurate measurement.
Most forces have the policy of 10% of speed limit plus 4 mph as a margin.
This means for example the most you could get away with is 70mph + 10% = 77mph, then add 4mph = 81 mph.
So, if you reckon you were doing 85mph as a maximum then translate it into a realistic reading of maximum 81 mph to allow for your inaccurate and uncalibrated speedo you are safe, home and dry (probably!!)

Hope this makes you feel better!!:))

hey dood, thats kinda the way i was thinking too.. positive mental attitude!

:)

i agree with you sums....

now i've two things to wait two week for..

Still don't understand the point of the post? Have I missed the question? :confused: You just said "thoughts?" - that isn't a question, despite the question mark.

If your question is what happens next, then play the waiting game <yawn>

ahh robert, do you have issues..?

maybe as the driver of a mundaneo you should seek solace among other people who can't really afford a proper car?

hope ya dole cheque comes through soon and you can afford another trip to iceland / liddle..

maybe once you've had a few more lessons in english you'll understand my original post?

then again, probably not.

ahhh, bless!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom