Zender widebody 190e bodykit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilJ

Full bodykit available, front and rear bumpers, side skirts and 4 arches - £500

Same as this car
1_zpsqn1gvacd.jpg

2_zpsr0zjycuu.jpg

I actually had what was supposed to have been the flagship 190e for this body kit many years ago. It was also one of the first 190 to have an SEC front grill conversion ( I think that's what it was called ) The car was apparently a show piece for zender and Mercedes. It was finished in British racing green with custom leather interior. At the time I hated it and regretted buying it from the start due to the colour. I went to a place called rude Mercs one day in it to get a few bits and that's when I was told about the history of this car. I was offered a good price for the car there and then by the owner but at the time wasn't ready to sell. I was later told that the moulds for this kit was destroyed after this car was built.

I part ex'd it for a rs turbo in the end and later heard that rude Mercs had got hold of it in the end.

Small world, this car was a rude mercs car, it was white, but in a past life it was dark green with a dark green leather interior. Could well be the same car, it was quite rusty, hence bring broken. Had a large evo 2 rear spoiler and was in some rap video apparently.

Also had very wide 15" OZ 5 spoke split rims. These are also available actually.

Small world, this car was a rude mercs car, it was white, but in a past life it was dark green with a dark green leather interior. Could well be the same car, it was quite rusty, hence bring broken. Had a large evo 2 rear spoiler and was in some rap video apparently.

It is the same car!! I know this because I saw the car after I sold it and it was sprayed white with a hideous RUDE MERC sticker across the bonnet.

Did you actually own the car?? Baring in mind I was around 18/19 years old when I owned this car it was very very clean!! And many people was jelous at the time. When I had it, I think it had the staggered sender wheels on it. May have been oz but was green centres with lovely polished deep dish rim. I actually would love to own it now in the condition it was in when I had it. At the time it wasn't a young mans car tho. Wonder if the leaky sunroof ever got sorted??

I would really, really like one of the original Rude Merc's badges as the appalling misuse of the apostrophe appeals to me

Nick Froome

Why not buy a tidy 190e, this bodykit and wheels and chuck it at your local bodyshop? Be a nice car without the rappers touch.

Nick, did they actually do 2 badges? English was never my strong point, but if so, could the apostrophe not represent "The marking of the omission of one or more letters"?

The first badge was Rude Merc's. They then released the Mk II version Rude Mercs

I always hated the misplaced apostrophe - it seemed to sum up the South London backstreet wideboy mentality associated with these cars - but began to like it for the "don't give a sh1t" factor of being wrong and not caring about it

I think it was a genuine mistake, rather than trying to be clever. A bit like the taxi that works out of Brighton Station which is badged as a Citreon. Local rules dictate a nasty bluey-green bonnet & boot lid, so they've been repainted and the painter refitted the letters the way he wanted. Hence Citreon

Nick Froome

Funny you should say about the rap video because the dealer I brought it off said it had been in a film. Do you know what rap video. Did you have it after it was sprayed white. I use to see it driving around Harlow essex years after I sold it.

IMG_0897%20Medium_zpsplupxyh0.jpg

IMG_0891%20Medium_zpsxfy4ccoz.jpg

IMG_0888%20Medium_zpseq9iu1mt.jpg

IMG_0889%20Medium_zpsuzunvoij.jpg

IMG_0893%20Medium_zpsy5hhmo10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom