Zender Widebody Questions (new member)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luke Colorado

Car
560SEC Zender Widebody, Ver. 1
Hello fellas:

I'm posting here from the States hoping someone can help me with my recently acquired Zender "widebody". I understand Zender was very popular in the UK in the 80's so my hope is someone here has first hand knowledge of these kits.

Any knowledge, memories, or speculation is very much appreciated!

Colorado. Luke Colorado.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2013-09-26 18.24.25-1.jpg
    2013-09-26 18.24.25-1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 39
Hello and welcome to you. I feel someone on here will be able to help you..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Hi & welcome. Can't help liking these. Not overly subtle is it? Prefer the BBS wheels if that helps.
Cheers!

This leads to one of my questions.... while it *looks* like a widebody it really isn't. Those rear wheels are 9.5" with 255s and they are a tight fit on both sides of the hub. I couldn't have squeezed any more tire or wheel in the wells.

It would appear from pictures that there were either two types of fenders from Zender or they could be installed two different ways. If you look at the pictures below and notice the fuel filler area you might see what I mean.

There's also the more obvious difference of the "strakes" on the side skirts and front lip. I have several Zender catalogs from the 80s and while both cars are show, only one kit (part number) is ever offered.

NARROW Wiidebodies

2n9ixzc.jpg

v63yfn.jpg

11mbbjl.jpg

2a9pbhj.jpg

WIDE widebodies

11t8pjr.jpg

14ta8eu.jpg

2euqu6u.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom