ZO6 landed and nearly road legal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rufman

Car
A160, zo6
Hi

Well the zo6 finaly landed in chatham docks a couple of weeks ago and is being prepped for its sva test in a couple of weeks.

All I can say is what a fantastic car! The UK cold air has given it a new leash of life as its far stronger than when it was out in the states. Also, the return journey from chatham to solihull averaged a brilliant 26mpg, not bad for a 7 litre.

The export plates were removed for some reason by someone so I had to drive back with no plates..little risky and got plenty of pointing fingers but luckily no law enforcement at all along the way.

One point which was very interesting..I was allowed to cut the chain on the container in which the car arrived. This suggested that since boarding and even before that, it hadn't been checked by any authorities and if it had then very briefly. I just got in and drove it home..so much for security. There could have been anything in the container. The same thing happened when I imported my last car..amazing.

Very happy with the purchase and already making the carrera look a little lethargic!

Pics as soon as its got its english plates.:)

great for you.
i have been looking at one on autotrader for almost 50k.
they still make the best noise as far as i am concerned.
Fabulous cars. with serious racing cred.
what colour is it?

media

Last edited:
Thanks.

Blue with black interior. Sounds like a war cry by a viking who has just had his viking girlfriend stolen by an inferior. Cant really describe it any other way but just brutal.

Thanks.

Blue with black interior. Sounds like a war cry by a viking who has just had his viking girlfriend stolen by an inferior. Cant really describe it any other way but just brutal.

sounds exactly like that :D

26mpg from a 7 litre ....

Thats brilliant !! We struggle to get that from our 430 CLK .... :eek: even when driving it reasonably ...

Can't wait for piccys !

One pic from back in states.

Took lots on the N95 but it decided to die. Will take some fresh as soon as. Before any one comments, the interior is a little sparse I know but that engine!

Beautiful car, congrats! I've been fortunate enough to test drive both the C5 and C6 Z06's. While the C5 version is stout enough, the new model is simply amazing and it's power is intoxicating! Makes my SLK55 feel like a diesel Rabbit in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom