Zunsport Grills/Radiator covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
I had a set of these grills from Zunsport fitted to the front of my E Class a while ago as the front end was, at least to me, a blatant flaw in an otherwise nice car. I'm not sure of which models are vulnerable apart from the W213 E63 and the AMG GT, but there is literally no protection against road debris to the intercoolers and several other radiators on the front of the car. I personally know of a couple of cars which have had damage done to an intercooler, resulting in a four figure repair sum.

I received an email from Zunsport yesterday stating the following: -

"We are having good success with our Mercedes W213 E63s AMG launch we are looking to expand into other Mercedes models.

I would appreciate if you could advise your members that we are looking for development vehicles to complete the programme.

Could you please make your members aware that we have active a members code MC101018 which automatically issue a 10% discount."

Mine was a "development vehicle" and, as such, I was well looked after, though it seems that if they already have the pattern in stock, they will now offer a 10% discount using the above code which seems reasonable. I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday who has an AMG GT and will hopefully be using it as a mule so they should have these in stock in a few weeks.

I must emphasise that I have no connection to the company mentioned, just a satisfied customer.

A couple of before and after pictures so you can possibly see the difference: -

Bedtime small.jpg

Grills small.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of the first one, it's just a crop from another picture I had.

A question I've been asked is "Do they affect cooling?"
Not as far as I can make out. in the 5 months they've been fitted, there has been absolutely no difference whatsoever and the car is still running at exactly the same engine and transmission temps that it was before.

+ You don't notice they are there. Bryan and I had a very good look at Dave car at the Trax meet and didn't notice them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom