ZX7R colour choice help please

Which colour is looks sexy

• Red

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Green

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kwackers are green. It's the law!
Hope you find that, like my pal in Belfast, its 'quacker by Kwacker!':D

Got to be green. It's a Kawasaki !! I can't imagine buying a ZXR any other colour, think of the heritage, the race history!!

Couldn't you find a nice blue one?

Green Kwacker = remnant from 20 years ago...

Red one looks much fresher.

Move on!!!

Last edited:
Also,green one has one of those naff irridescant screens fitted and clear mini indicators - previous owner probably had a `Demon Tweeks gift voucher` for his birthday.:crazy:
Red one looks standard and hasn`t been fiddled with - a good std one is always better.

Green Kwacker = remnant from 20 years ago...

Red one looks much fresher.

Move on!!!
Mon dieu! Sacriledge

Ducati = Red

Kawasaki have managed to associate their product with a colour more than any other Japanese product.

MOVE ON???? :devil: :mad: :mad: :) :)

I see they are trying to make an impression back on the Gp circuit and fingers crossed they make there mark.

Suzuki = Blue?

Hi Lotus,
What do you think about these modern sports bikes and are you happy to ride the complete distance of a tank of fuel? My only experience of a sports bike was when I was given a Laverda Jota to play with for a day, definitely NOT a town bike. I dread to think how I would fit onto these modern, very compact flying machines and I'm only 18st. :)

Good luck,
John

I know what you mean with the weight but on the test ride I really liked the weight, felt very planted in the corners.
For any that dont know me, I'm 6ft 8 and 22 stones so a super light bike would be an utter waist;) of time

Given that logic it wouldnt matter if the bike weighed 10 Tonnes, the heavier you are the more of a diference the weight of the bike will make to your riding, its the combined rider/bike weight that matters!

Nice bike though but common sense says you need to be light to ride one! Therefore you need to bu my 117kg (wet, half tank of fuel) 120bhp weapon...........................

Hi Lotus,
What do you think about these modern sports bikes and are you happy to ride the complete distance of a tank of fuel? My only experience of a sports bike was when I was given a Laverda Jota to play with for a day, definitely NOT a town bike. I dread to think how I would fit onto these modern, very compact flying machines and I'm only 18st. :)

Good luck,
John

Hi John
Well for about 90% of all sports bikes I have no hope in hell of getting on them, let alone getting off after a ride, they are just too "racey"! The ZX even though a Super Sport bike has much larger proportions when compared to Suzuki's and Yammy and the like.

The minute I sat on the ZX I knew it was the bike as it just felt like a part of me straight away.

On the "how long would I ride" question, I will let you know as a bankers draft has now changed hands :)
The main reason I have purchased a bike like this is to clear aay the troubles of the week so I would hope an hour should do that ;)

BarryJ, I do know where you are coming from but for me I have no interest in ultimate speed and power, I just want to have a smile on my face when I come home from a ride (or track day) and still be able to walk

Hmmmmm so should I tell everyone what colour I have gone for ;)??????

Hi John
Well for about 90% of all sports bikes I have no hope in hell of getting on them, let alone getting off after a ride, they are just too "racey"! The ZX even though a Super Sport bike has much larger proportions when compared to Suzuki's and Yammy and the like.

The minute I sat on the ZX I knew it was the bike as it just felt like a part of me straight away.

On the "how long would I ride" question, I will let you know as a bankers draft has now changed hands :)
The main reason I have purchased a bike like this is to clear aay the troubles of the week so I would hope an hour should do that ;)

BarryJ, I do know where you are coming from but for me I have no interest in ultimate speed and power, I just want to have a smile on my face when I come home from a ride (or track day) and still be able to walk

Hmmmmm so should I tell everyone what colour I have gone for ;)??????

Buy an RGV250 then you wont be able to stop smiling, sorry to keep on but I am always trying to convert people back to proper race bikes! most deisel riders (not suggesting this is you) these days didnt start off on two strokes so they just do not know how to ride a bike properly......................................an RGV teaches you that in bucket fulls!

Good luck with the ZXR, I have always liked them and thought about buying an old H2 model recently. In answer to your question, green but not the one in the photo.

Me thinks you should have gone for a 9R, not a 7.;)

I bet you went for the red one:confused:

OK, so you know me too well :)
I'll get some better pictures once I pick it up on bank holiday weekend:bannana:

untitled.jpg

Me thinks you should have gone for a 9R, not a 7.;)

Yeah the 9 is even more pointless and a bigger bloater! but you dont need to be able to ride to go fast on one so I suppose they have their place :D

Yeah the 9 is even more pointless and a bigger bloater! but you dont need to be able to ride to go fast on one so I suppose they have their place :D

My point was actually that the 9R delivers a better riding experience for people like Mark and myself. There is more power available when you need it and IMO, is a much better riding experience.
I have had both and there is no way I would touch a 7R again.

OK, so you know me too well :)
I'll get some better pictures once I pick it up on bank holiday weekend:bannana:

untitled.jpg

;) ;)

My spray gun is always ready and waiting Mark.
I have a contact number somewhere for a set of race fairings if you are interested.

My own thoughts are that riding a bike is all appoint enjoyment, or the grin factor. I will be amazed if you or anyone else rides your bike to the limits of its performance on a public road, so it boils down to whatever floats your boat, but are you trying to say that a 6' 8" 22 stone bloke will be comfortable on an RGV250?

Red..... A blooming red Kawasaki,
Who'd a thought it?

We'll be having pink gravy next. :devil: :D

Congratulations on the new purchase and PLEASE take care.

Have you ever done an advanced motor cycle course?

If not then I can thoroughly recommend it.

Man and machine as one. :cool: :D

Yours sincerely
John

This is why I am selling my bike:

cag5.jpg

cag2.jpg

There is a garage full of ex Eddie Lawson and John K's bikes........

This is why I am selling my bike:

There is a garage full of ex Eddie Lawson and John K's bikes........

I`d deffo be up for one of them - if they did `em in green......

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom