Zymol time...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Finally, I have got round to ordering zymol cream wax and the other bits and pieces to go with it (and am looking forward to giving my W203 its first wax treatment sometime soon – the zymol goods have arrived today via mail order). Those of you who use zymol please can you answer the following:

1. How long do you leave the HD Cleanse to dry on the paintwork or can it be buffed straight off with the towel (side to side movement) quite soon ?

2. I intend to apply the cream wax with my hands – how much should I apply (as been advisd not to apply an excessive amount?) – It also says on the website not to allow the wax to dry to a haze – so how long should I leave the wax on the panel and how do I know when ready to buff with micro wipe cloth ?

How many of you guys here use the cream wax over the carbon ? The zymol website recommended the cream wax for my Silver car as the chart info specified that it is suitable for light colour cars. But on another website I read that carbon can also be used on light colour cars (but zymol site says that carbon is suited for medium to dark colours)? Was I correct to get the cream wax for my particular colour (as I am not so sure now if I should have got the carbon wax).

Cheers

Flash

I use concours.

For the HD Cleanse, follow the manual. Don't leave it for too long - I think more than 5 minutes is bad.

For the wax, I'd get a wax applicator pad - it saves so much in quantity - although using your hands is a great experience ! I leave the wax for no longer than 5 minutes, and then buff again 2 hours later. It deepens the shine. You get a very good manual with your first order which I'd recomend reading thoroughly.

Just about to get mine 'Vintaged' for the winter by a professional - shocking cost, but I think the finished product should be superb..

One final tip - you can never have too many buffing towels etc..

Cheers Clarky...

I have got the pre wax applicator and will use that. Unforunatley, I did not get an instruction manual with my order - I bought the cream wax, towels, microwipes, HD Cleanse, Shampoo and pre wax applicators as seprate items (473ML bottles) opposed to the starter pack. Should I still have receieved a starter manual?

Finally, when doing final buffing should I use the towel and not the microwipes for this exercise?

Do you wash your wax applicator after use with normal water or do you just leave it as it is? It said on the cream wax packaging to store it in a fridge after use but did not say for how long.

Flash

how much did this set you back flash? hope you got a free weekend for the washing, pre waxing, waxing, buffing and admiring thats needed!!

Hi,

It cost £148 via Premier Bodyshops (excellent customer service...) which included postage and packaging. I know what u mean abot the w/end bit and am dreading it - it will take me a whole Sunday probably to do the entire process i.e. wash. Hd Cleanse, zymiol wax and do alloys etc after and engine bay etc. :crazy:

Wifey and eveyone else thinks I spend too long as it is on just normal wash and dry with turtlewax shampoo on its own! I was going to get the concours wax but that was even more at £142 (ish) just for the wax alone - I just hope I get that extra bling bling shine to justify the cost of the purchase.

I use dto use turtle wax in past - but that use dto leav ebehind swirls.

Cheers

Flash

Flash - online manual at www.zymol.co.uk - or call them. You should have a manual as well.

Microwipe for wax - always. Towels are for HD Cleanse.

Check each individual product on the website above - eg, extract for Microwipe:

The zymol Microwipe is the 21st Century alternative to final buffing with a cotton towel. The ultra lightweight, "rubber" (nylon+nytril) quad axial woven material repels wax, forcing all of your zymol Wax or Glaze to bond during application. Additionally, the zymol Microwipe allows you let zymol stand longer (up to 5 minutes) before buffing to a brilliant deep shine. The zymol Microwipe eliminates over-buffing which can be a significant source of scratching.

Oh, and of course if you drop a towel / sponge / etc on the floor - then throw it.

Clarky.

Sorry for Wax Applicator, I leave it inside the wax tub !

Slightly off the original topic of this post - I got Zymol whilst on holiday in the US in August. I had no plans to use it, up until then, but when I saw the cost I bought it.

Initially I was disappointed as I saw no improvement over the Meguiars that I was using. Funnily enough I am constantly catching myself staring at the shine these days - it has really improved over the last couple of months. I applied Zymol twice - once in August and once in early October.

I am sure the result has been improving all the time, after a disappointing start. It's almost as if it has "developed".

Nick - it does get better the more you use it.

One quick tip for all Zymol fans - don't forget a bottle of field glaze. Once you've applied wax, you can use this for a quick finish on subsequent washes. Its cost is a lot less - £15, and it takes seconds to apply.

Clarky.

PS. Will try to post pics of a Vintage wax coat on the E Class when I get a chance !

Thanks for all the info/tips everyone...

I'm looking forward to the end results - it will be a long time consuming exercise that requires alot of effort but will be well worth it.

This bit is slightly off topic but the alloy wheel that the Stealer damaged and had refurbished (that did not feel as silk smooth as the originals and had a few blemishes in the finish) I have gone directly to the bodyshop that did the inital refurb for Stealer and they have agreed to refurbish the wheel again without going via the stealer route). Will give the alloys a good wax myself afterwrads as well.

Flash

Okay here is a pic. This is the bonnet of a metallic tansanite blue E Class, with nano paint. The car is 3 months old. It has been professionally finished off using Vintage Wax by a detailer - who is Paul Dalton at http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/ - A top bloke who really did the business. The full pic is over 2MB in size ! This is cut down.

Clarky.

zymol.JPG

Looks great... :D

Flash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom