Zymol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
stats007 said:
It's not just metallic paint that has a clear coat - new water-based paint does as well. This is an interesting read.

Interesting article.Dispite the 40 micron clear coat and zinc phosphate coating there are posts on the forums complaining of stone chipping on the front windscreen pillars on mid 04 cars rusting quickly ! I guess we will have to wait 5 years to find out if it really works.
Mind you,the old (pre-water) paints aren't too shaby.Here's a 14 year old high mileage banger 740i I used the rotary on.The original paint is so thick rust doesn't stand a chance.There are some chips but these only remove the clear coat,never the paint.
Some of the early 93-94 C-classes seem very good too.

IMG_1194.jpg

adam

Last edited:
Very nice condition! My dad had a new '90 520iSE and my brother has an E34 M5 - he's just having his rust sorted out as we speak ;)

stats007 said:
Very nice condition! My dad had a new '90 520iSE and my brother has an E34 M5 - he's just having his rust sorted out as we speak ;)

Make sure they check the fuel lines underneath.I've yet to see a BMW without corroded pipes.The fuel return pipe which runs over the rear subframe will spring a leak.
MB are better in this respect...seems the pipes are plastic coated on my 97 W202.

adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom