2013 W204 C250d HP Fuel Pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red302

Car
W204 C250 AMG blue efficiency
Hi all,

Further to my previous post: W204 C250 CDi fault codes? | Engine my car is still running rough with intermittent amber EML.

I took my car to another indy who plugged it into their STAR diagnostic and found that the DPF sensor and Exhaust back pressure were at fault and changed them both (£761).

This didn't solve the issue and the subsequent road test and diagnostics identified that the High Pressure Fuel Pump was at fault and would cost £1200+ to replace.
The fault codes indicated that it was the fuel pressure sensor and fuel pressure valve that were at fault, but the recommendation was to change the entire pump including valve/sensor.

So I've got a few questions:

1. Although the engine is consistently running roughly, the EML and fault codes seem to be a bit intermittent. Is this more likely the sensor/valve than the pump? To me, the pump is a mechanical component that would would be defective or not, where the electrical components could be more intermittent. A computer reset seemed seemed to temporarily resolve the issue, if it was the pump I don't think this would be the case?

2. Is there a way to test the sensor & valve? with a voltmeter or something?

3. How easy is it to replace the HPFP? does anyone have any tips or a good video to watch on it? I'm not keen on paying £1200.

4. Is it likely to be anything else? I don't want to change the HPFP to find out it's an injector issue etc.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom