95 Ron or 99 shell v-power derv??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 2017 E220d when I bought it in January I always thought that it was a bit unresponsive giving light load on the throttle. As it was a new car to me I thought that’s the way it was. However, I’ve just gone through a couple of tank fulls of premium and it’s far more responsive and slightly better economy. So it’s done something and better for it.
I bought my 2017 e350 with just over 11k on the clock , my goal is to keep that om642 engine as clean as possible, most 0m642 owners know of the shortfalls of this engine regarding turbo oil seals,swirl flaps and associated motor. Now we also have egr and dpf to think about. I make sure to add all my additives , regardless of cost to assure that this happens to prolong this cars life.

I regularly use my hydra 99 cetane booster, I also add a product named Dipetane which is apparently really good for soot and carbon deposits. Along with redex for diesel when I see it on special . I only ever do maybe 5k a year ,so cost isn't really a factor . I bought the car to be my last ,so it's getting looked after 👍

Along with oil and filter changes every 6k , and no using stop start .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom