AD Blue Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remap with Adblue delete for £300-£500, it will pass MOT's and you will stay sane enough to spend your money on things that you choose to from then on.
Repair Adblue system for £750-£2000 and you will have to do this every 10-18 months as parts will continually fail forever more.
Forget the holier than thou folk who bang on about it being illegal and quote emissions etc, these cars in normal use, hardly use any adblue at all unless you are on the German autobahn doing 150mph everyday. In normal day to day driving in the UK they use next to nothing, so any effect on emissions is probably unmeasureable.

Remap with Adblue delete for £300-£500, it will pass MOT's and you will stay sane enough to spend your money on things that you choose to from then on.
Repair Adblue system for £750-£2000 and you will have to do this every 10-18 months as parts will continually fail forever more.
Forget the holier than thou folk who bang on about it being illegal and quote emissions etc, these cars in normal use, hardly use any adblue at all unless you are on the German autobahn doing 150mph everyday. In normal day to day driving in the UK they use next to nothing, so any effect on emissions is probably unmeasureable.

I read somewhere it's something like 0.6 c02 from euro 5 to euro 6. Next to nowt like you say .

Have you considered having the system removed from the ECU via remapping software. £200 to £300 depending where you live. The car will no longer be emissions legal , but who's gonna know or check ??
Every MOT tester soon....New test to be introduced soon will almost certainly include a Nox level test apparently. Best of luck all you EGR and Adblue deleters .. ....

Every MOT tester soon....New test to be introduced soon will almost certainly include a Nox level test apparently. Best of luck all you EGR and Adblue deleters .. ....
Ill be fine . 🤣

It's a question of risk appetite.... Personally, what would worry me most is the insurance. Not everyone minds, though....

Agreed..but I've never heard of anyone have insurance claim denied for EGR or ADBlue. delete...I know of one that was due to a very obvious straight pipe in place of a the cat on a petrol car though.

Agreed..but I've never heard of anyone have insurance claim denied for EGR or ADBlue. delete...I know of one that was due to a very obvious straight pipe in place of a the cat on a petrol car though.

True. But the idea that I am driving a car that's technically insured while relying on the fact that most likely no one will ever know, doesn't appeal.... not to me, anyway. Others may differ.

True. But the idea that I am driving a car that's technically insured while relying on the fact that most likely no one will ever know, doesn't appeal.... not to me, anyway. Others may differ.
How would you know if it was bought used . And already doctored??

How would you know if it was bought used . And already doctored??

Check the owners' posts on public Internet forums...? 🤣

On a more serious note, an undeclared mod is a potential cause for invalidating the policy, but knowingly leing about it when asked, is potentially insurance fraud. Again, none if this is [/I]likely[/I] to happen, but some people (myself included) like to sleep safe and sound :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom