Android Head Unit for 2006 W203 C180

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robdx

Car
W203 C180 Kompressor
Hi everyone hope all your Mercs are purring along nicely

I have Just bought one of these eonon q03pro units Eonon 10.1 Inch Android 10 Universal Double Din Car Stereo Q03PRO | Eonon.com to put in my 2006 mercedes c180 (W203), its a universal unit not car specific, to replace a failed other chinese unit(8 core 8667 chip based unit). I have tested it today but not fully fitted as waiting for facsia kit to arrive.
My last unit was car specific with dedicated wiring harness and canbus for steering controls, this one only came with a standard ISO connector and I have a dedicated mercedes wiring harness coming with the facsia kit, however having a day off I decided to try powering up with the harness from the old 8667 unit, it powered up ok but the steering controls will not work. I have been told Mercedes don't use the resistive control method, you can't program wheel controls like that via the key wires. You would need to use the high/low wires and select your Mercedes model in the advanced Canbus options......I'm no electrician so does anyone know which are the high low wires refered to in a reply from a youtube review of the eonon unit
I could always send it straight back and get another car specific unit but I love the 10 inch screen and how it can be tilted

Hi everyone hope all your Mercs are purring along nicely

I have Just bought one of these eonon q03pro units Eonon 10.1 Inch Android 10 Universal Double Din Car Stereo Q03PRO | Eonon.com to put in my 2006 mercedes c180 (W203), its a universal unit not car specific, to replace a failed other chinese unit(8 core 8667 chip based unit). I have tested it today but not fully fitted as waiting for facsia kit to arrive.
My last unit was car specific with dedicated wiring harness and canbus for steering controls, this one only came with a standard ISO connector and I have a dedicated mercedes wiring harness coming with the facsia kit, however having a day off I decided to try powering up with the harness from the old 8667 unit, it powered up ok but the steering controls will not work. I have been told Mercedes don't use the resistive control method, you can't program wheel controls like that via the key wires. You would need to use the high/low wires and select your Mercedes model in the advanced Canbus options......I'm no electrician so does anyone know which are the high low wires refered to in a reply from a youtube review of the eonon unit
I could always send it straight back and get another car specific unit but I love the 10 inch screen and how it can be tilted
If you 'google' ISO Mercedes you should find a wiring diagram that will show you the pin outs for Hi/low can wiring.

Thank you I have (probably more by luck) solved it, The harness from the old car specific unit has a canbus decoder box on it so powered up using that and then by trial and error setting it up in the settings but it obviously recognised the decoder and downloaded the correct MCU update and the steering wheel controls now work fine, just waiting for the facsia kit to arrive now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom