Anyone using a new NextBase 322GW / 422GW / 522GW DashCam hard-wired?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CabrioChap

Car
A238 E350d 4Matic CABRIOLET 2018
I used to run a Yi Dashcam in my A207 2013 E350 Cabriolet, but removed it due to interference with my DAB tuner. I've managed without a Dashcam for over a year now, but due to some recent incidents where I've nearly been run off the road by people pulling out in front of me, I am considering getting a replacement with a hardware kit. (If only to review the footage to see if I wasn't paying attention).

I see that NextBase have released a new range of cams and I'm considering the 322GW with the official NextBase hardwire kit - does anyone have one of these fitted yet? if so, does it affect your DAB reception?

My In2Digi DAB tuner is installed in the passenger footwell, so I'll run power from the driver side fusebox up and over to the dash cam which will hopefully minimise interference.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi, I've had the Nextbase 402G and I've swapped it yesterday for the Nextbase 612GW (reduced from 250 to 150 pounds now on Amazon) using this hardwire kit. I didn't experience any issues using the DAB with either.
I've used this tutorial to hardwire my W205:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and have chosen the same fuse.

On my previous car, a 2013 Skoda Octavia I hardwired a small under-seat subwoofer to a fuse on ignition and that killed the DAB radio on that car, but I think it was more to do with me tugging on the wire harness when I spliced the audio, creating an open circuit for the antenna. If you don't have any signal at all, connect a scanner tool so see if the antenna is connected properly, you should see an error if it's not.

I’ve just bought a 522GW from Halfords for £107. It’s was on offer with a further 10% off. Not fitted it yet so can’t comment on it from a personal perspective but it’s had some good reviews.

I have a Nextbase 512GW fitted to my C63 with the Nextbase hard wire kit and that does not interfere with the onboard dab radio.

I bought the 522GW from Halfords on the £107 deal as well - it worked fine with no affect on the DAB performance using the supplied charger, so I went back and bought a hardware kit, which I fitted last night.

I used fuse 36 in the engine compartment fusebox (after figuring out that the fuses in the driver side dash side are all permanent +12v).
Fuse 36 is live with the ignition.. it's not listed on my fuse sheet but there weren't many to choose from where the fuse tap could fit..
I used a bent coat hanger to fish the cable through the sponge at the back of the fusebox and added a bolt on the side of the dash bracket for the GND.
I poked the cable up to the A pillar and tucked it behind the rubber seal to the top of the windscreen. Mine's a convertible so with the roof stowed, I was able to pop up the trim at the top of the screen to route the cable, I pulled it through to the overhead interior light cluster, which I popped out so I could get the RF choke on the cable and then through to the camera installed so I can't see it behind the rear view mirror.

I might look into the hardwire kit. I’ve currently got it routed to the 12v socket in the boot which was easy and is hidden well. I wonder if the fuse is the same in my S212? I’ll have a look.

I bought the 522GW from Halfords on the £107 deal as well - it worked fine with no affect on the DAB performance using the supplied charger, so I went back and bought a hardware kit, which I fitted last night.

I used fuse 36 in the engine compartment fusebox (after figuring out that the fuses in the driver side dash side are all permanent +12v).
Fuse 36 is live with the ignition.. it's not listed on my fuse sheet but there weren't many to choose from where the fuse tap could fit..
I used a bent coat hanger to fish the cable through the sponge at the back of the fusebox and added a bolt on the side of the dash bracket for the GND.
I poked the cable up to the A pillar and tucked it behind the rubber seal to the top of the windscreen. Mine's a convertible so with the roof stowed, I was able to pop up the trim at the top of the screen to route the cable, I pulled it through to the overhead interior light cluster, which I popped out so I could get the RF choke on the cable and then through to the camera installed so I can't see it behind the rear view mirror.

I have a E250 cabriolet 2014 model which I guess is the same and I am going to fit a Nextbase Duo. I have identified fuse 36 (thanks for your help
) and could wire it up but would it not be better to use a continuous live feed. The wiring harness I have from Ebay has a car battery monitoring device so it will keep the dash cam charged until the car battery gets to a predefined level which is enough to start the car, when it will stop draining the battery. Therefore when the Duo is waiting to be activated when parked the drain on the car battery is very small and even when the charger cuts out there is still I understand a half hours battery life in the camera. I would have thought this a better set up especially if the car is left in say a holiday car park for 2 weeks

I've put 522s in both the Leon and the wife's Kuga. No DAB problems.

Have 512 and that did interfere with the DAB signal when I ran the cables up the same A pillar - both hard wired. Separated the cables and ran them up opposite pillars and the signal came back. 512 has a battery

Thanks for the replies but anyone got any comments on which live fuse connection I should use preferably inside the cabin to limit the wiring runs

Most people piggyback off the accessory (fag lighter) socket in the centre console

I used to run a Yi Dashcam in my A207 2013 E350 Cabriolet, but removed it due to interference with my DAB tuner. I've managed without a Dashcam for over a year now, but due to some recent incidents where I've nearly been run off the road by people pulling out in front of me, I am considering getting a replacement with a hardware kit. (If only to review the footage to see if I wasn't paying attention).

I see that NextBase have released a new range of cams and I'm considering the 322GW with the official NextBase hardwire kit - does anyone have one of these fitted yet? if so, does it affect your DAB reception?

My In2Digi DAB tuner is installed in the passenger footwell, so I'll run power from the driver side fusebox up and over to the dash cam which will hopefully minimise interference.

Cheers,
Hi
I have just fitted nextbase dashcam 322GW, to my C220, works great. Powered the cam from the USB outlet in center consul, ran my old cam from there for years without problems. switches off after a few seconds from leaving vehicle.
I also purchased the rear window camera, had no problems fitting the cable from cam to rear window and no problems with DAB radio.
Only negative is nextbase do not do a polarizing filter for the read cam, they should as you get reflections off the parcel shelf. quality is still ok but it is annoying seeing the reflections.

Hi, I've had the Nextbase 402G and I've swapped it yesterday for the Nextbase 612GW (reduced from 250 to 150 pounds now on Amazon) using this hardwire kit. I didn't experience any issues using the DAB with either.
I've used this tutorial to hardwire my W205:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and have chosen the same fuse.

On my previous car, a 2013 Skoda Octavia I hardwired a small under-seat subwoofer to a fuse on ignition and that killed the DAB radio on that car, but I think it was more to do with me tugging on the wire harness when I spliced the audio, creating an open circuit for the antenna. If you don't have any signal at all, connect a scanner tool so see if the antenna is connected properly, you should see an error if it's not.
I tried to hardwire my new 522 GW Nextbase dash cam as in video completed wiring but couldn't managed to fit the ATO/C type fuse tap cable ( piggy back connector), in the fuse board and drives side, as instructed in video tried another 5 amp then a 7.5 the connector doesn't seem long enough anyone else had the same problem

Hi

Did you have to remove or atleast loosen the fusebox to get the cables through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom