Bigger width tires on C300 AMG LINE PLUS EDITION

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Many thanks for your input matey. So I did a comparison on tire ratio and all on different sizes vs mine and this came up. Now my brain is ADHD build and I have math dyscalculia so my brain works maths differently in a work it works for me to tackle it and understand the best it can thats why I cant work it in my head like comrades doing here if this increases and that increases than that too increases, that whole mental picture of it my frontal cortex cant visualize step by step as brain struggles to comprehend. as soon as its numbers. My apologies as I come across daft in math's department. Calculators helps with ADHD mind greatly.

The least change I can see is the bottom spec vs 1st spec which is what I got on right now so 1.5 mm vs 5.5 m is the least difference and that was achieved if I drop the front aspect ratio to 35 from 40. I dont know why MB kept 40 aspect ratio in front on mine and 35 on rear where as standard C63 for example is 35 in front and 35 in rear. What possibly could be reason or advantages for this mismatch MB did I wonder 40 in front and 35 rear. Thinking about it now perhaps 35 in front and back all the same would have been better you think ? Please share your thoughts. many thanks again.

so according to the calculator link you send me for my C300 spec is:

Comparing 225/40R19 against 255/35R19

Width Profile Rim Diameter Diameter
Tyre 1 225 40 19 662.6mm
Tyre 2 255 35 19 661.1mm
FITMENT OK!
The percentage change is 0.23% and the circumferece change is 1.5mm.

and below are different specs

Comparing 245/40R19 against 265/35R19
Tyre 1 245 40 19 678.6mm
Tyre 2 265 35 19 668.1mm
FITMENT OK!
The percentage change is 1.57% and the circumferece change is 10.5mm.

Vs

Comparing 245/35R19 against 265/35R19
Tyre 1 245 35 19 654.1mm
Tyre 2 265 35 19 668.1mm
FITMENT OK!
The percentage change is 2.1% and the circumferece change is 14mm.

Vs

Comparing 225/40R19 against 265/35R19
Tyre 1 225 40 19 662.6mm
Tyre 2 265 35 19 668.1mm
FITMENT OK!
The percentage change is 0.82% and the circumferece change is 5.5mm.
You missed one important point - your alloys are 7.5J on the front and the C63 is 9J , you won't be kerbing your alloys with those tyres sticking out over your rims.

Personally I would not change the sizes of the tyres; instead I would change the tyre manufacturer and type to a one which is suited to your car, type of driving and conditions.

Pirelli PZero are rarely well rated in the UK, and unfairly get slated as being a poor tyre. They’re not, they’re just designed for use as a high performance tyre in a relatively warmer climate and so they need heat in the tyres which is difficult to achieve and maintain on the road in a cooler climate, and especially in cold and/wet conditions.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport are good tyres, but you will find a similar issue, but for a different reason. As a high performance tyre with a relatively old design, the operating range is relatively narrow compared to modern tyres meaning that you may find that they’re also difficult to keep in the right temperature range on the road.

Both the Pzero and Supersport should be switched to a winter or all season tyre in the colder/wetter months as they will never be up to temperature even on a spirited drive. To expect them to perform to an acceptable level is asking too much, it’s like wearing ballet shoes to climb a mountain and then be surprised that they don’t perform:

You need to choose a tyre with wider and/or lower operating temperature range, not a wider tyre with lower profile! A Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S has a remarkably wide range for a high performance tyre. Or you could buy any tyre which is more road/comfort orientated and find that it performs better than a high performance tyre in every day conditions.

Ultimately the superduperist ultra high performance tyre - designed for warm dry weather - will perform very poorly when popping to Lidl to check out the centre aisle on a rainy Saturday morning in January, but taking the long route on the country lanes to enjoy the drive there and back. It will be absolutely awful.

If you have the right tyres for the conditions and - it’s still struggling with grip, understeer, etc - then there’s likely a problem (eg tyre pressures, geometry, etc) or you’re likely to be driving too quickly for the conditions.

Hi Bobby much appreciate the input and knowledge you have shared there with me. Very helpful indeed in decision making.
I mean for my driving exp the PZ4 did 7 k miles from new and only now they worn out and in winters again locally they did allrite.
I only had a skid/ accident situation due to tires in winter once which I controlled and nothing happened. otherwise they grip really well. I checked on tires as u mentioned temp and for temp rating is A and Traction is AA . many thanks to you and others for your precious time.

You missed one important point - your alloys are 7.5J on the front and the C63 is 9J , you won't be kerbing your alloys with those tyres sticking out over your rims.

Thanks matey. I just two 2 pics to attach here to show you. so shall I just switch over to a different brand and keeping all the same with lets say a more pronounced rubber rims? that front one ripped couple of weeks ago. cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20230621_171215272.jpg
    PXL_20230621_171215272.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20230621_171255575.jpg
    PXL_20230621_171255575.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 10
Thanks matey. I just two 2 pics to attach here to show you. so shall I just switch over to a different brand and keeping all the same with lets say a more pronounced rubber rims? that front one ripped couple of weeks ago. cheers
If you put 255 or 265 section on your 7.5J alloys your asking for a whole load of trouble. Just change the make of tyre and keep to the standard sizes , also your insurance company might not like the bigger non std tyres in the event of an accident.

Comparing 255/35R19 against 255/35R19
WidthProfileRim DiameterDiameter
Tyre 12553519661.1mm
Tyre 22553519661.1mm
FITMENT OK!
The percentage change is 0% and the circumference change is 0mm.

Hi all so looks like AMG gods listened to my sorrow over this and while I was in the driveway getting stats from tires this evening for all you nerds and geeks here my neighbors son who is always friendly came in to visit family in his always roaring majestically pocket rocket with 4 x 2O inch wheels and he saw me messing with my tires and only than I found out he is a mobile tire fitter himself and he works for blackcircles! As he offered to help I explained all to him and he said as you have 255 on the rear so why dont you put the same sizer 255 in front but drop the aspect ratio in front from current 40 to 35 matching the rears which is 35. So basically 255/35/19 all across.

He suggested Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and I too had them in mind in my couple of choices in brand and model so I was well pleased to hear that. He said 255 will look rather good in the front matching the rear as I wanted bigger heavier looking tires and they good for all weather conditon. Ofcourse there is no change in this setup but I did the calculator to workout the diameter which is 661.1mm.

He also quickly called his mate to check who too got different spec width supplied from MO when he got his C63. His fronts were smaller width and rear bigger so his was a mismatch too direct from Merc. His mate swapped them later in this manner keeping all 4 same and its working great. He get 30-40 percent discount on black circles staff discount so he said he can get them really cheap on staff discount for me and he will bring them here and fit them. Happy days!

So what does the comrades here think of this fitment ? Please share your thoughts. Plus I found them on MO1 fitment so Merc cant say they unofficial when I take them for servicing next time as they did say when I emailed them that they got to be MO approved if I was to get them done outside so that keeps them happy.. There is literally no change on rear and mine pulls power from rear anyway so going forward its just change of brand/model. The idea of putting 255 on front will make them look great he said as I wanted bigger tires. Matching what comrades said to me here he too said that due to rim beads sizing we should not put bigger tire as advised here due to my J sizing being smaller to handle 265 so we not messing with that which you all said cause all sorts of issue. I had originally thought of putting 265 on rear from 255.

4 x 255 all across in Michelin Pilot Sport 4s now I am exited!
He is going to message me tomorrow for price after his discount.
I am really hoping I get a green thumbs up from you all on this and no trouble news. thanks you all.

If you put 255 or 265 section on your 7.5J alloys your asking for a whole load of trouble. Just change the make of tyre and keep to the standard sizes , also your insurance company might not like the bigger non std tyres in the event of an accident.

Hi matey when u say even 255 on the 7.5 J could be trouble. Mine on rear already have 255 that came from the factory like that and 225 on front. its run 4 years now and done 7 K miles and not had any issues. I could not tell you why they put mismatch like that but as I wrote above when my neighbors son, the tire fitter called his mate who got a C63 from MO factory fitment and was supplied with a mismatch in tires. So basically his theory is dont put bigger tire just make them same if you want to for bigger tire looks. many thanks

I can't help thinking the OP doesn't really need extra grip from (ever so slightly) wider tyres as perhaps different tyres

Around 2007 MB bought out the W204 C63 , the 204 was a 'clean sheet' build from the previous 203 . On the most powerful model in that build (C63) 457bhp and 600nm , not only did they not think an LSD was worth fitting as stock they sent it out with 255/35/18 on the back and 235/40/18's on the front .

They could have fitted just about any width they wanted but deemed the above to be enough .

Who are we to argue ?

OK we all know there are many cars out there with weak ass engines and massively fat tyres on large wheels , but thats just for the 'look' .

Tyre 12553519661.1mm
Tyre 22553519661.1mm
FITMENT OK!

Hi all so looks like AMG gods listened to my sorrow over this and while I was in the driveway getting stats from tires this evening for all you nerds and geeks here my neighbors son who is always friendly came in to visit family in his always roaring majestically pocket rocket with 4 x 2O inch wheels and he saw me messing with my tires and only than I found out he is a mobile tire fitter himself and he works for blackcircles! As he offered to help I explained all to him and he said as you have 255 on the rear so why dont you put the same sizer 255 in front but drop the aspect ratio in front from current 40 to 35 matching the rears which is 35. So basically 255/35/19 all across.

He suggested Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and I too had them in mind in my couple of choices in brand and model so I was well pleased to hear that. He said 255 will look rather good in the front matching the rear as I wanted bigger heavier looking tires and they good for all weather conditon. Ofcourse there is no change in this setup but I did the calculator to workout the diameter which is 661.1mm.

He also quickly called his mate to check who too got different spec width supplied from MO when he got his C63. His fronts were smaller width and rear bigger so his was a mismatch too direct from Merc. His mate swapped them later in this manner keeping all 4 same and its working great. He get 30-40 percent discount on black circles staff discount so he said he can get them really cheap on staff discount for me and he will bring them here and fit them. Happy days!

So what does the comrades here think of this fitment ? Please share your thoughts. Plus I found them on MO1 fitment so Merc cant say they unofficial when I take them for servicing next time as they did say when I emailed them that they got to be MO approved if I was to get them done outside so that keeps them happy.. There is literally no change on rear and mine pulls power from rear anyway so going forward its just change of brand/model. The idea of putting 255 on front will make them look great he said as I wanted bigger tires. Matching what comrades said to me here he too said that due to rim beads sizing we should not put bigger tire as advised here due to my J sizing being smaller to handle 265 so we not messing with that which you all said cause all sorts of issue. I had originally thought of putting 265 on rear from 255.

I am really hoping I get a green thumbs up from you all on this and no trouble news. thanks you all.
The tyres are not mismatched, many Mercedes models - and cars from other marquee - have different size wheels and tyres at the front relative to the rear. It’s deliberate and by design - it’s called a “staggered” set up.

It enables the car to have wider tyres at the rear in a rear wheel drive car, to assist with traction, and to have a narrower tyre at the front for steering feel and precision (also reduces space required for steered wheels between the engine).

Don’t compare the tyre sizes on a similar age C 63 as your front wheels will be narrower than on a C 63, and the front structure and subframe is even different. What’s right for the C 63 is not right for othe C-Classes.
Unfortunately I haven’t got time now to check the tyre size you’re suggesting m, but I would recommend sticking with the original tyre sizes supplied by Mercedes at the factory., as your car was designed for them.

Last edited:
What’s it going to be worth as far as the insurance company are concerned £2000 ?? I know thats not what you paid for it , but the insurance company won’t cover it for that price .

Tyre 12553519661.1mm
Tyre 22553519661.1mm
FITMENT OK!

I wonder if this is representative of the tyre fitting industry. You found a Kwik Fit fitter who did not understand how tyre sizing works and now you have found a Blackcircles fitter who it seems is equally clueless. Best to stick with the sizes that MB spent a fortune designing the car around; these are NOT mismatched btw. If you put wider tyres on the front then the tyres will be mismatched to the rims - you should really get two new rear rims which are slightly wider. And don't forget to let your insurer know - actually better to check with them first, they may refuse cover.

To the OP:

With respect, you seem to not know much about wheels and tyres.

And, you clearly did not understand my question regarding the rims' width (e.g. 8.5J).

There's no shame in it, each and every one of us was in your position once... My point is that it's not a good idea to learn about wheels and tyres by trial and error. It's an expensive (and potentially dangerous) way to go about it.

I suggest that you spend more time on Internet forums such as this one, as well as read professional articles online and watch instructional YouTube videos to fully understand the topic, before embarking on a wheel change project.

Best of luck.

Tyre 12553519661.1mm
Tyre 22553519661.1mm
FITMENT OK!

You still haven't got it have you , your front wheels are 7.5J ie 7.5 inches wide. The C63 has 9J wheels ie 9 inches wide , so you're going to put 255 section tyres on wheels that are 1.5 inches narrower. Best of luck trying to drive on those.
This is either a wind up or the OP is just plain *****.

You still haven't got it have you , your front wheels are 7.5J ie 7.5 inches wide. The C63 has 9J wheels ie 9 inches wide , so you're going to put 255 section tyres on wheels that are 1.5 inches narrower. Best of luck trying to drive on those.
Putting the same size wheels into the comparison tool to discover that they are the same size.........

I can't help thinking the OP doesn't really need extra grip from (ever so slightly) wider tyres as perhaps different tyres

Around 2007 MB bought out the W204 C63 , the 204 was a 'clean sheet' build from the previous 203 . On the most powerful model in that build (C63) 457bhp and 600nm , not only did they not think an LSD was worth fitting as stock they sent it out with 255/35/18 on the back and 235/40/18's on the front .

They could have fitted just about any width they wanted but deemed the above to be enough .

Who are we to argue ?

OK we all know there are many cars out there with weak ass engines and massively fat tyres on large wheels , but thats just for the 'look' .

my good noble man would it baffle you then if I say to you my c300 is mapped/ 320 bhp but the M240I IS NOT mapped its running stock and its lovely as it is the sound the performance to my requirements so both kept under 350 deliberately. When I took my C300 to DMS I told them specifically DO NOT do any pops bangs enhancement just delimit the speed. I am the gentleman driver I dont like the idea of being annoyance to society waking up some old man with my cars loud pops and bangs , waking up kids and invade someone energy sphere and disturb people, let me ask you this way lets have english debate about it why is c63 is getting final edition ? why did natural aspirated engine died before that ? why did it came off market? because govt and people woke up on sound pollution and environment pollution etc that some of these things make too much noise. so they woke up and took action and as it went through the red tape its show over now. look at nutty americans what they did . more bhp more power then uk eu. thats American spell excessive on everything so in the end where are we driving enthusiasts we are having to hold onto our petrol cars while hybrid which is just a shift from oil energy to lithium battery energy. one side sheikh looses and africa gains mining them meaning in energy terms as everything is energy its a transection one way or the other one is polluting the air piercing your ear drums with illegal sounding cars.

Look at the fireworks rule in uk you cant do after certain time why because you can wake someone up cant you which is not a raised spirit who is vibrating higher can will do so in driving its the same if you are a gentleman driver, and i can post you some great reviewers which we all admire listening to where they call c63 a car which is ''hooligan in nature'' so I dont like it I like its looks which I got in the C300 i like the speed of it but i cant have the excessive loud noises. So if todays laws were then it would be illegal to even manufacture and sell it but like many things we as public acted late and here we are. but what actually happened to the motor enthusiasts and who controlled their passion and its limits. its the german spirit car which was hooligans of europe world war 1 and 2 English spirit is not loud but charming. who spoke better hooligan germans or english charm we know who won both wars. These excessive bhp loud cars were yet another human sprit which is inquisitive in nature which is a good thing to start with but human inquisitiveness does not stop and humans end up overdoing it all and ruining it all.

Inquisitiveness is poison for human spirit and germans mass market cars provided 500 bhp loud big engines provided to mass market became the dopamine to fry the receptors of motorist to a level which it did not need to be experience because now all those people get sad and unhappy about it. its like thing like a harmful experience packed and sold as good later to be pulled off. like porn fry dopamine receptors because of excessive stimulation in men so sex is not as enjoyable and lets look at the future hybrid or electric meaning meaning petrol big engines were labelled overall bad news like they telling today to men that men need to get off porn well the damage is done and they have unhappy sex lives which affect everything so it works the same way. We have to control our excessive stimulations the industries are into selling so they will fry our dopamine receptors with cars to food to porn. human is the most vicious and cruel animal of them all., so said friedrich nietzsche. Human are ok running the environment to the peace of your homes all day untill its too late unfortunatekly. Great pleasure can be had from human designed experiences but excessive stimulation ruins it. look at AI the founder of AI gave up his lifes work and retired and said I just wanted to design good stuff for mankind but this is all to dangerous now and cant be controlled well did we not invent computers enough to do our jobs for us but look at it did human spirit stopped ? no and here we are with AI. As the saying goes if a man cant control his desires he will be controlled by his desires and end up being unhappy (No V8 engine anymore and we are unhappy as a spirit now- goodbye mode) when he only got inquisitive enough to make his life and living better but it need to stop at one point after that is ruins and sad and unfortunate thing is it does not stop at anything.
To the OP:

With respect, you seem to not know much about wheels and tyres.

And, you clearly did not understand my question regarding the rims' width (e.g. 8.5J).

There's no shame in it, each and every one of us was in your position once... My point is that it's not a good idea to learn about wheels and tyres by trial and error. It's an expensive (and potentially dangerous) way to go about it.

I suggest that you spend more time on Internet forums such as this one, as well as read professional articles online and watch instructional YouTube videos to fully understand the topic, before embarking on a wheel change project.

Best of luck.
matey i already said am checking with quick fit which didnt know so clearly i implied I dont have the knowledge about it i posted the dimension 19 rims and then i went out looking for the other one but i could not find it and while i was lying on the drive way floor trying to find it as i found out its usually inside on the rims the J number or it can be worked out, That neighbors son popped up and he offered to help and told me his was a tier guy turned out next day he turned up saying not we can out all 4x 255 as that will mess up it all and day before he is claiming to be a tyre service provider and now he said same thing that we got to keep as it is so why did he know that being tire service provider. so he did not know and was talking nonsense basically. so i have been let down by three tire companies service providers such awaful experience, charge whatever u do but can u give me this service but they could not. You guys helped on forums the most. cant believe how they legally give advice on safety. I already called merc and will be seeing them next week and just switch to MSP4S from Pirelli. I actually asked this question on another forum and someone showed the tire pic diff and Michelin looks bigger so that take care of the enhancement i was looking for. will post it here.
Now this knowledge I expected as a tire expert would have but they could not tell me this. where I could pay for their service and get the job done. like people pay me as a sports physio and i tell them whats safe whats not safe. shame there is strict vetting on this. the forum know more then people who get paid to do this as their day job. english service is dead.
Putting the same size wheels into the comparison tool to discover that they are the same size.........

Matey I did say ofcourse its the same dimension so I implied that but there was diameter too which it was giving working on all 4 figures which is a total separate figure so I worked it.

I thought to post it here with picture which a helpful gentleman posted on another MB forum to my question and this was great so we can keep it all and it will look bigger. so its all sorted now next week will get merc to fit MPS4S at their workshop. all resolved. thank you & god speed all.

People are still incorrectly using these tyre wheel calculators for % / mm increases even seasoned forum veterans can get caught out as this is what they have been saying for years and all they know .

Tyres are not the width and aspect ratio you think they are !

What happens with a calculator Vs real world can be massively different .

Best stick with the manufacturer recommended sizes , if a wider tyre is preferred find which manufacturer !

My good noble man many thanks indeed this is so helpful in decision making for someone who wanted a bigger tire looks as I already called Merc service and the tire dept guy who left message for me had left as it was at so I am going to be asking him on monday to book me an app next week to put all the same as they are 255 at the back and 225 in front from the factory so no change just swapping Pirellio Pzeros to MPS4S and they come with MO1 fitment so like u said just the brand change & it achieves the enhancement I am looking for. I am going to tag in a post other 2 gentleman who raised a debate in the service provider of this tyre industry which is quite a serious ''SAFETY'' concern I would like to have a English debate shall we.. When I get to merc Centre next week I would love to see this difference there and will snap a picture like that excellent comparison. god speed to you. this spiffingly satisfies the objective I am looking for. This has been such a awful upgrade experience unlike I ever experienced.

The most sound advice came from car forums here where as thats something I see as a serious lack in salesmanship of the tyre service providers who lacks serious fundamental safety knowledge and cant give straight answers or telling wrong info and I have to check on my own and make sure. would it work would it not work would it be safe and thats their day job. I am many things one of that being a sports physiotherapist. I am one of the best sports physio in the country people rely on me to get back to game imagine I start people telling bend that way not that way when I am consulting someone and start giving wrong safety rehab advice but when I go to the shops professionals the useless tire sellers cant tell me no that will make it unsafe if u change size and that will be it as I would not want to pursue that upgrade anymore then how simple is that.

I am advising people with their bodies neck backs shoulders do this dont do that but when i go out to seek a service the tyre sellers cant do that and send me to forums and I being labelled idiot for not knowing things which are clearly safety which I reason as a tyre service provider they should know. I provide a service u pay me i go out you provide service i pay you simple and business world works. what you told me here is what I reason is a tire sales key knowledge a tire salesman should know as fundamental basic because to answer cm question if someone asks hey I just want bigger tires for looks and he can tell me it will work or not atrocious safety advice. The good English service is dead.

Attachments

• pirelli vs mitchin tires.png
    pirelli vs mitchin tires.png
    715.3 KB · Views: 3
I wonder if this is representative of the tyre fitting industry. You found a Kwik Fit fitter who did not understand how tyre sizing works and now you have found a Blackcircles fitter who it seems is equally clueless. Best to stick with the sizes that MB spent a fortune designing the car around; these are NOT mismatched btw. If you put wider tyres on the front then the tyres will be mismatched to the rims - you should really get two new rear rims which are slightly wider. And don't forget to let your insurer know - actually better to check with them first, they may refuse cover.

Hello matey spot on it is very much indeed! Most awful experience I have had and I am not 22 I am 42 so the service standards have degraded to atrocious levels over the years. Its like that they not qualified to give safe effective advice while listening to a customers enhancement requirements. . Like you have DMS in Southampton one of the best in the country but they been around long time and did exactly what i asked and kept it all safe car running map for over 3 years now no issue taking it back to merc for servicing all well so thats a service provider in the motor industry who are backing their sales pitch. I felt my car and requirements were in capable safe hands but it was not the case when it came to tire experience this time around and thats 3 tire service providers. Glad its all sorted. Once I get new wheels will post up for a happy ending! many thanks indeed.

The tyres are not mismatched, many Mercedes models - and cars from other marquee - have different size wheels and tyres at the front relative to the rear. It’s deliberate and by design - it’s called a “staggered” set up.

It enables the car to have wider tyres at the rear in a rear wheel drive car, to assist with traction, and to have a narrower tyre at the front for steering feel and precision (also reduces space required for steered wheels between the engine).

Don’t compare the tyre sizes on a similar age C 63 as your front wheels will be narrower than on a C 63, and the front structure and subframe is even different. What’s right for the C 63 is not right for othe C-Classes.
Unfortunately I haven’t got time now to check the tyre size you’re suggesting m, but I would recommend sticking with the original tyre sizes supplied by Mercedes at the factory., as your car was designed for them.

Bobby thank you very much for explaining this. I asked all 3 tire fellows this exact question why its different set like that but none of them knew the staggered setup. this makes all the sense. the third tire guy who suggested all 4 x 255 comes back next day only to tell ''he has checked'' with someone and the car will start and halt front wheels wont move he said so I am thinking so what exactly were you thinking yesterday when u advised al 4 x 255 and why did u not know this crucial piece of safety info that no mate it cant work like that and here is why. I was baffled totally how the hell he was talking to me introducing himself as a tire expert and giving me all this info only to come back next day to invalidate it. and none of this had any idea why front smaller than rear as tire pros! many thanks for your precious time & help. Cheers

my good noble man would it baffle you then if I say to you my c300 is mapped/ 320 bhp but the M240I IS NOT mapped its running stock and its lovely as it is the sound the performance to my requirements so both kept under 350 deliberately. When I took my C300 to DMS I told them specifically DO NOT do any pops bangs enhancement just delimit the speed. I am the gentleman driver I dont like the idea of being annoyance to society waking up some old man with my cars loud pops and bangs , waking up kids and invade someone energy sphere and disturb people, let me ask you this way lets have english debate about it why is c63 is getting final edition ? why did natural aspirated engine died before that ? why did it came off market? because govt and people woke up on sound pollution and environment pollution etc that some of these things make too much noise. so they woke up and took action and as it went through the red tape its show over now. look at nutty americans what they did . more bhp more power then uk eu. thats American spell excessive on everything so in the end where are we driving enthusiasts we are having to hold onto our petrol cars while hybrid which is just a shift from oil energy to lithium battery energy. one side sheikh looses and africa gains mining them meaning in energy terms as everything is energy its a transection one way or the other one is polluting the air piercing your ear drums with illegal sounding cars.

Look at the fireworks rule in uk you cant do after certain time why because you can wake someone up cant you which is not a raised spirit who is vibrating higher can will do so in driving its the same if you are a gentleman driver, and i can post you some great reviewers which we all admire listening to where they call c63 a car which is ''hooligan in nature'' so I dont like it I like its looks which I got in the C300 i like the speed of it but i cant have the excessive loud noises. So if todays laws were then it would be illegal to even manufacture and sell it but like many things we as public acted late and here we are. but what actually happened to the motor enthusiasts and who controlled their passion and its limits. its the german spirit car which was hooligans of europe world war 1 and 2 English spirit is not loud but charming. who spoke better hooligan germans or english charm we know who won both wars. These excessive bhp loud cars were yet another human sprit which is inquisitive in nature which is a good thing to start with but human inquisitiveness does not stop and humans end up overdoing it all and ruining it all.

Inquisitiveness is poison for human spirit and germans mass market cars provided 500 bhp loud big engines provided to mass market became the dopamine to fry the receptors of motorist to a level which it did not need to be experience because now all those people get sad and unhappy about it. its like thing like a harmful experience packed and sold as good later to be pulled off. like porn fry dopamine receptors because of excessive stimulation in men so sex is not as enjoyable and lets look at the future hybrid or electric meaning meaning petrol big engines were labelled overall bad news like they telling today to men that men need to get off porn well the damage is done and they have unhappy sex lives which affect everything so it works the same way. We have to control our excessive stimulations the industries are into selling so they will fry our dopamine receptors with cars to food to porn. human is the most vicious and cruel animal of them all., so said friedrich nietzsche. Human are ok running the environment to the peace of your homes all day untill its too late unfortunatekly. Great pleasure can be had from human designed experiences but excessive stimulation ruins it. look at AI the founder of AI gave up his lifes work and retired and said I just wanted to design good stuff for mankind but this is all to dangerous now and cant be controlled well did we not invent computers enough to do our jobs for us but look at it did human spirit stopped ? no and here we are with AI. As the saying goes if a man cant control his desires he will be controlled by his desires and end up being unhappy (No V8 engine anymore and we are unhappy as a spirit now- goodbye mode) when he only got inquisitive enough to make his life and living better but it need to stop at one point after that is ruins and sad and unfortunate thing is it does not stop at anything.

matey i already said am checking with quick fit which didnt know so clearly i implied I dont have the knowledge about it i posted the dimension 19 rims and then i went out looking for the other one but i could not find it and while i was lying on the drive way floor trying to find it as i found out its usually inside on the rims the J number or it can be worked out, That neighbors son popped up and he offered to help and told me his was a tier guy turned out next day he turned up saying not we can out all 4x 255 as that will mess up it all and day before he is claiming to be a tyre service provider and now he said same thing that we got to keep as it is so why did he know that being tire service provider. so he did not know and was talking nonsense basically. so i have been let down by three tire companies service providers such awaful experience, charge whatever u do but can u give me this service but they could not. You guys helped on forums the most. cant believe how they legally give advice on safety. I already called merc and will be seeing them next week and just switch to MSP4S from Pirelli. I actually asked this question on another forum and someone showed the tire pic diff and Michelin looks bigger so that take care of the enhancement i was looking for. will post it here.

Now this knowledge I expected as a tire expert would have but they could not tell me this. where I could pay for their service and get the job done. like people pay me as a sports physio and i tell them whats safe whats not safe. shame there is strict vetting on this. the forum know more then people who get paid to do this as their day job. english service is dead.

Matey I did say ofcourse its the same dimension so I implied that but there was diameter too which it was giving working on all 4 figures which is a total separate figure so I worked it.

I'm in the USA now . My rental car of choice ...? Dodge Challenger ,No diesel of Tesla available at the Airport (funny that) Also I'm in California very near to a Tesla factory , plenty Teslas (and charging stations everywhere) But way more nutty (and often noisy) V8's about - Don't get me started on the Harley Davidsons with 'thru pipes and sound systems blaring.

It appears private fireworks are banned but that has not stopped big firework 'sales' tents turning up in the car parks of 'reputable' big supermarkets preparing for the 4th of July.

I get the feeling here in the US they can see all the fun coming to an end and are just sticking one finger up and going out with a bang (quite literally) and remember this is California and I am sitting not far from where all this (some would say 'woke' ) stuff started way back in the 1970's. San Francisco (it's a $hit hole by the way ..avoid)

Not my first time working in the greater USA at first I was surprised to see how things are in the most highly taxed and regulated state in the union , but like I said , the regular folk are just getting on with enjoying it while they can.

My good man , it might baffle you that my ancient V8 AMG with an alleged 367bhp/510Nm copes perfectly well in all weathers with a rather unsophisticated traction control system on 225 x 18 fronts and 245 x 18 rears (thats all they could fit in , and deemed it sufficient) .

I still think you are wasting time and money 'going large' but it's your choice , let us know how you get on 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom