Boot Opener winds down window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Naffdave

Car
2008 CLS 320 CDI and 2006 B200 CDI
Hi bought a nice 2008 CLS 320 CDI recently and a bit of a weird one when i use the button in the door to release the boot/trunk the drivers window comes down and boot does not open ?
Anyone got any ideas on what might be going on all the electrics door switches ect work perfectly just the boot release doesnt,
Dave

Have you had this problem since you bought the car or has it just started to happen?

If its always been occurring, I'd suspect the plugs that go from the two switches to the door control module have been accidentally switched. But as far as I remember, all the plugs in the DCM only fit their respective slots (ie, they are all different shapes)
Remove the door car and trace both plugs back to the switches and see if swapping them over resolves things.

Have you had this problem since you bought the car or has it just started to happen?

If its always been occurring, I'd suspect the plugs that go from the two switches to the door control module have been accidentally switched. But as far as I remember, all the plugs in the DCM only fit their respective slots (ie, they are all different shapes)
Remove the door car and trace both plugs back to the switches and see if swapping them over resolves things.
Hi , I must say you are a mind of information.Please keep up the good work.

Had the problem from when i bought the car, Also the window switches all work perfectly id thought if the plugs had been switched the actual button for drivers window would either open the boot or not work ?
Dave

It is very odd as im sure the plugs would not be the same also the window buttons work perectly if they been switched im sure they wouldnt,
Dave

^ Seems you may need the services of an auto electrician to sort this out.
I wonder if its just a faulty switch?
I wouldn't say that. Most of the info I post up is personal experience and the rest is what I have gleaned from other more knowledgeable members and pass on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom