C350 cdi DPF and EGR un-delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gnasher141

Car
C350AMG Sport Plus CDI W204
I purchased the car and discovered that the DPF has been gutted and probably had the EGR deleted also.

To return the vehicle to legal condition, is it just a case of fitting the DPF and getting it remapped? Presumably this can only be done at the same time?

Cheers guys

Should be....DPFs are not cheap though...

Why aren't you returning the car to the vendor for a full refund?

This will be happening a lot in the future. If bought from a dealer you probaly have legal recourse. If bought privatly the previous owner could plead ignorance.

It would be good to hear from anyone that has had this done or has information on the pros and cons of doing a replacement of DPF.
I`m only thinking of going this route due to the cloud of smoke when booting it.

Lol...one of those special £100 MOTs!...or more likely done where he bought it from.

Yes......no DPF is an automatic fail.....whether it passes emissions or not and has been since 2018. Also makes it virtually impossible to pass the "visible smoke" part of the test they now have. You say in post 1 that it smokes under power....thats fail too!
Which is why I suggested that the test was done at the place it was sold.....unfortunately its pretty common practise to "pass" car that you sold for a few years to avoid grief from the customer!!!

Part number for my 2012 C350CDI is A2124902192, wasn't cheap...almost £1400 by the time it was fitted!

Ouch......

Part number for my 2012 C350CDI is A2124902192, wasn't cheap...almost £1400 by the time it was fitted!
Thank for this 👍🏻
Can I ask was yours gutted and mapped? If so what else did you need ie sensors etc?

Thank for this 👍🏻
Can I ask was yours gutted and mapped? If so what else did you need ie sensors etc?
Afraid not, just the OEM one needed replacing at 100k.

Thank you W36
i thought there would be loads of people putting the DPF`s back on, seeing as there is supposed to be loads of diesels failing MOT`s.
Maybe not the case??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom