CLS O/S WING MIRROR HOT CONSTANTLY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delboysmum

Car
CLS 500
2006 cls 500 drivers mirror hot all the time how to fix?

Ok, so it should not put autoheating on yet... difficult to say why its warming, if system detects a fault (for example wire short circuit), it just disengages control... you may temporarily disconnect electric plug behind mirror.

Ok, so it should not put autoheating on yet... difficult to say why its warming, if system detects a fault (for example wire short circuit), it just disengages control... you may temporarily disconnect electric plug behind mirror.
Thanks probably will disconnect wire, I have a home diagnostic machine but no fault is showing however there must be a temperature sensor that is closed circuit any idea where it is located?

Mirrors are auto heating, controlled by ecu, and they start heating when going below certain temp... not sure if it is 5C or 10C... however if its temp sensor, both mirrors should go heating mode. Short circuit I mean mirror wires, folded mirror have very often broken wires but like I said ecu founds out broken/shorted wire, stop heating command and triggers a fault code.

Hot all the time ? With the ignition off ?

Mirrors are auto heating, controlled by ecu, and they start heating when going below certain temp... not sure if it is 5C or 10C... however if its temp sensor, both mirrors should go heating mode. Short circuit I mean mirror wires, folded mirror have very often broken wires but like I said ecu founds out broken/shorted wire, stop heating command and triggers a fault code.
Thanks for all your help so I will check the wires in the mirror and take it from there will let you know what I find I may car is in the workshop at the moment having all new break pipes, new front air suspension unit and some camber arms/ ball joints fitted ££! Ouch

Hi still can't find a solution my N/S mirror doesn't heat at all, as mentioned previously the right stays on all the time and the auto dimming has bubbles in the glass I suspect it is because the heat being on all of the time also glass now misty

Broken wires in the wing mirror wiring? Usually from all the folding actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom