Correct tyre pressures C63S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Engadine

Car
2022 C63S Brabus 600 cabrio; 2013 C63 Estate (RIP)
I have MPS4Ss on my C63S Cabrio with 19/20s. I am taking the car on a European tour this summer. Can anyone advise on tyre pressures? The change from standard tyres to MPS4Ss always means a bit of optimisation in my experience with my other cars and forum members’ advice has been valuable. They need slightly different pressures to MPSSs for example.

At the moment I am running them as standard. The car has a Brabus 600 engine but I don’t think that should affect tyre pressures.

Any advice welcome.

Just got with what it says on the fuel door. Don't see why they would be any different on a road trip

Optimal pressures for MPS4Ss are different to MPSS and P Zero etc on my other cars. Fuel filler door is for standard tyres. The car came with MPSSs so I am looking for experiences with anyone with 19/20s (realistically a coupe or Cabrio) who has moved to these tyres and experimented

Manufacturers recommend tyre pressures but it’s up to the owner to adjust as necessary and to allow for preferences.

I’d go with the tyre pressures on the fuel filler flap, monitor wear across the tread and adjust the pressures accordingly.

The MP4S is a great tyre - I’m a fanboi - but there’s no greater variation in pressure required than any other tyre.

Optimal pressures for MPS4Ss are different to MPSS and P Zero etc on my other cars. Fuel filler door is for standard tyres. The car came with MPSSs so I am looking for experiences with anyone with 19/20s (realistically a coupe or Cabrio) who has moved to these tyres and experimented
Tyre pressures are predominantly determined by axle weight if one doesn't deviate significantly from the standard tyre size there should be no need to deviate from those recommended by the car manufacturer. As Bobby D posts above keep an eye on tyre wear and refine the pressure to ensure even wear across the tyre.

On this euro tour, the only time you should adjust your pressures is if you do a lap of the Nurburgring.

I switched from MPSS to MP4S's 18 months ago, never used anything other than the pressures listed inside the filler flap. 12500 miles later, no adverse wear and still at around 4.5mm on the rears/5mm on the fronts.

Ok, thank you. There was quite a detailed conversation on one of the Ferrari forums about this tyre change, with one member providing info about compounds and density etc which suggested a different optimal pressure for the MPS4S. a bit of experimentation proved him right for my tastes as far as handling is concerned, maybe different here, anyway I will start with standard pressures then see from there.

I recently changed all the PSS to PS4S in a size up on my coupe (265 F and 295 R) and am running 35 psi F and 34 R and find it to be good. Played around with slightly higher and lower but I found these to give the best handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom