E Class Estate - Newbie Buying Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just went to view an interesting C Class down the road from me which is probably more realistically the right model for us: http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01603041631861

A 2007 C Class C220 CDI Sport Edition. I love the styling, and it's extremely clean inside and out with fairly low miles. However... this is a private sale and the owner has lost all the service history and documents in a house move! Way over-priced considering, plus a stupidly dated private plate! I drove it around the block and noticed right off the bat that there's lots of vibration/juddering through the pedals and the steering wheel when cruising around at 20-30mph. Also a generally high amount of engine noise in the cabin. It's certainly not a smooth driving experience. What does this sound like? My initial thoughts were the engine mounts or something transferring vibration through to the cabin and pedals. However it could be something else, more serious. The sound was not a rattle or anything, but just louder than usual engine drone.

Alternatively, this one is similar but older with correspondingly higher miles: Mercedes-Benz C270 2.7TD auto 2005MY Sport Edition | eBay

IF the first one is just something like engine mounts(???) I know that can be sorted out for small money, but would the 2005 example be a better, or equally good, purchase? Your thoughts..?

That c270 look good, Its got a Amg kit on it too ;) 1st link cant get to work.

Here's the link again. Similar car, but 2007 with lower mileage:

Mercedes-Benz C Class 2.1 C220 CDI Sport 5dr

Really not sure about the vibrations though. Could be Torque Converter or something. I really don't know if it's serious or a minor fix. Will probably have to steer clear sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom