Haynes Autofix Online Manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Allpag

Car
E220d AMG Line Premium 2dr 9G-Tronic
Hi.

Been trying to find a wiring diagram for 2017 E Class Coupe (C238) to help diagnose rear camera issue.

Found the Haynes Autofix online manual for £26.00.

Has anyone any experience of the Haynes Autofix system, is it any good and worth the purchase price?

Thanks.

Back in the day I cut my teeth on an A35, the proper Austin one, not the Mercedes usurper,using a Haynes manual. I have great faith in them.
IMO.

I haven't tried the electronic versions but found the printed manuals to have a formulaic approach which, whilst suited to simpler mechanical designs, hadn't translated that well to modern vehicles.

The standard of photography was often quite poor as well.

I think it probably is good value, however, when I checked a preview version a while back to see how to remove a front air strut it said it wasn't covered :( It might be wotht reaching out on the mbworld forum (US based but lots of EU subscribers) and asking for help. I have numerous times and found that 99% of the time I get the help I need with wiring diagrams, exploded parts diagrams etc.

Has anyone any experience of the Haynes Autofix system, is it any good and worth the purchase price?

I purchased one of the Autofix manuals last year for working on a BMW E39. At the time a regular Haynes manual (print or online) wasn't available and thought I'd have a punt. I found it next to useless as most of the info, pictures and videos are not manufacturer or model specific. You may have better luck with things like wiring diagrams but I wouldn't hold your breath.

On the other hand I find the regular manuals very handy. Especially the online versions as the pictures are so much better. Unfortunately there isn't one available for my CLK.

or you could pay £5 to one of the many ebay sellers who give you access to the Mercedes WIS, EPC and ASRA which will no doubt be as good or better?

A problem I've found over the years with factory workshop manuals, both printed and online, is instructions like "Using special tool XYZ123 remove the giggling stick while preventing it from moving with special tool ABC999". Being official factory manuals they reasonably assume you have the tools. Haynes, for all their faults, often suggest a way round the need for special tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom