• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

help with Vito rear seats

ianarm101

Hi
I have a 08 Vito Dualiner currently with a 1st row of rear seats that are the 2-1 split. I believe they are called the comfort seat as opposed to the bench seats.

I am considering purchasing a second hand set of deluxe comfort seats to swap them with. (these are the ones that fold down to a table and then fold up to meet the drivers seats).

My question is ... are the seat fixtures and rails the same between the 2 different versions of the seats or will i have to buy a rail conversion kit as well.

I am hoping that I can just take the original seats out and replace them with the folding seats.

all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

We have Comfort rear (2nd row) seats in our 07 Dualiner. They are in 2 units ... one single, one double. Both can be lifted out, or flipped forward. The 3 backrests can individually be folded forwards (flat), or reclined. There are armrests on the outboard seats.

This is with the single unit removed:

vito-05.jpg

Is this what you have, or what you want to fit? I have never heard of "deluxe comfort seats"!

funny that - K9 cages fiited in teh rear - that's what I have - must be an agility person!!

I have a 2 and 1 split that are scolloped chairs so I believe them to be confort rather than bench style. the ones I have don't have the backs that fold down but they do pivot on the front feet (locked in a right angle) so you can get to the escape doors of the cages.

The ones I have seen will fold the backs down and then pivot and lock on the front feet so that they fold right up against the front seats allowing you to store stuff in the void behind the rear seats or get to the escape doors easier.. I just wanted to check that the feet and rail system between the 2 styles would be the same.

Yup, just back from the KCI and DiN :)

Sounds to me like you just have the standard rear seats. AFAIK there are only two sorts, ours are definitely "Comfort" and are what you have described. I know the backs are fixed on the standard rear seats.

I'm 99% sure they are interchangeable (same mounting rails), but a call to your local commercial dealer or email to UK customer services (details on the M-B website) would confirm.

Ian, I think you do have the standard comfort seats and AFAIK you can easily replace them with the luxury seats, on the same fixings, these are an option upgrade on the standard comfort seats. If Bill has armrests on the outside of his seats I think he has the luxury seats fitted. Correct me if I am wrong.

My rear seats are "Seating - Comfort rear passenger 3-seat bench (1st row) - foldable outer seat with armrest", option code US4.

I have never heard of "luxury" seats.

Option US4 is an option upgrade on the Dualiner Comfort. There is also Dualiner Basic, which has a bench seat. The armrests U73 is part of the luxury upgrade. So it seems there are three types available.

Again, I'm not aware of "luxury" as an M-B term for any Vito seating. You have the standard seating, or upgraded 'comfort' seating as a cost option. These are all the seating options available when I ordered my Dualiner:

Seating - Comfort driver and dual passenger seat SB1 + SH4
Seating - Comfort driver and single passenger seat SB1 + SB2
Seating - Comfort driver and single passenger seat (swiveling) NOT available with Thorax sidebags (SH7) SB5 + SB6
Seating - Comfort driver seat SB1
Seating - Comfort rear passenger 3-seat bench (1st row) - foldable outer seat with armrest US4
Seating - heated driver and single passenger seats H16+H15
Seating - heated driver seat H16
Seating - lumbar support for driver seat with ruffled pocket ONLY with Comfort seat SE5+SZ4
Seating - lumbar support for single passenger seat with ruffled pocket ONLY with Comfort seat SE4+SZ4
Seating - passenger seats removed (U71)
Seating - rear passenger seat armrests U73
Seating - seats covered in Leatherette VT9
Seating - single passenger seat S04

AFAIK the only difference between the ""Dualiner Basic Pack" (option VD1) and Dualiner Comfort Pack" (option ZX0) is that the latter has rear interior panelling, roof lining, rear speakers, etc. Seating is the same in both, unless upgraded as above.

Bill, have your rear seats got a two section backrest or a three section backrest? I,m looking at a January 2009 options and price list.

My 'comfort' rear seats have 3 backrests that can be reclined or folded forward individually (two on the 'double' seat unit shown above, one on the single).

Bill, its does sound like you have the Luxury Rear Seats (US4+U73) which is a £285 upgrade on the Dualiner Comfort Rear Seats (ZX0). Had a look at my brothers Dualiner today, he specified the Comfort Seats (ZX0) and he only has a two section backrest and has no armrests. Since you got yours do you think MB changed the option packages so they could charge extra if somebody wanted the armrests etc?

Option US4 includes armrests on the two outer seats. Possibly they have recently changed the name from 'Comfort' to 'Luxury', if so don't know whether that would have applied to the OP's vehicle (08 reg) or not.

Maybe somebody could recommend garage/shop that sells Vito interior parts and maybe do conversions.
I would like to convert my Dualiner van to the descent looking 6 seat people carrier.

We have Comfort rear (2nd row) seats in our 07 Dualiner. They are in 2 units ... one single, one double. Both can be lifted out, or flipped forward. The 3 backrests can individually be folded forwards (flat), or reclined. There are armrests on the outboard seats.

This is with the single unit removed:

vito-05.jpg

Is this what you have, or what you want to fit? I have never heard of "deluxe comfort seats"!

Bill looking at the picture, do you have a hard back on the twin passenger seat?
Struggling with MB parts to find a part number that they have for this.

Bill looking at the picture, do you have a hard back on the twin passenger seat?
Struggling with MB parts to find a part number that they have for this.

Not sure what you mean there? The rear 'double' seat shown in the pic has separate backrests.

Ok do you have a twin passenger seat in the front?
Does it have a hard plastic back?

Ian

I just wanted to check that the feet and rail system between the 2 styles would be the same.

Yes, they're the same. I used to have Your type of seats in my 04 vito, now I've got separate ones with armrests on both sides (none in the middle). Same legs and brackets.

By the way, I've got single passenger seat if anyone's interested.
Tilts front and back, but no armrest or lumbar support
icon9.gif

Got it very, very cheap from Ebay. Never going to used it.
Just needs good clean up.

Yes, they're the same. I used to have Your type of seats in my 04 vito, now I've got separate ones with armrests on both sides (none in the middle). Same legs and brackets.

By the way, I've got single passenger seat if anyone's interested.
Tilts front and back, but no armrest or lumbar support
icon9.gif

Got it very, very cheap from Ebay. Never going to used it.
Just needs good clean up.

So it has the round adjusters on each side?
Does it have any wires from the bottom cushion?

As far as I remember no wires and only one adjuster (on the left?) The rest of them just round sort of caps. And old type of headrest.

Ok do you have a twin passenger seat in the front?
Does it have a hard plastic back?

Ian

Yes and yes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom