Insurance is a JOKE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that was a surprise.
For my 1100cc Yamaha 👍🏻👍🏻

Your renewal price
For xx52 xxx and any additional bikes on your policy
Annual Premium £72.73
Legal Expenses Cover £29.99
Arrangement Fee £20
Total Payable £122.72

Total price for last year £135.60

About your cover
Comprehensive Yes
Years of no claims 9
Protected no claims Yes
Carrying a pillion Yes
Replacement lock & keys Yes
Fixed accessories cover Yes
Riding other bikes Yes
90 days EU cover Yes
Uninsured driver promise Yes
Compulsory excess £350
Voluntary excess £0

Edit: a bit more than my first bike.
£3 10/-

Last edited:
Insurance renewals turning up at the same time :(

C350 quote gone up from £344 last year to £435 this year. Full no claims bonus. Compare The Meerkat told me that £435 was the lowest I could get - so I renewed at the quoted rate.

House insurance last year £376. This year's quote £799!!! :eek: That's just over double, despite never having g made a claim :mad:
This is all far more complicated to compare prices than for the car. One of the main difficulties is that my wife runs her hairdressing business from home and has to have liability cover. (On the plus side, the massive insurance increase means less income tax to pay to HMRC!)

Our house insurance went down this year by a few quid.....we expected an increase, not only because of insurance generally going up, but because we upped the content cover.....! We don't have anything of real value in the house....no high end jewellery etc....but having looked at the cost of mundane stuff like furniture and white good we felt we needed to increase cover.

Insurance renewals turning up at the same time :(

C350 quote gone up from £344 last year to £435 this year. Full no claims bonus. Compare The Meerkat told me that £435 was the lowest I could get - so I renewed at the quoted rate.

House insurance last year £376. This year's quote £799!!! :eek: That's just over double, despite never having g made a claim :mad:
This is all far more complicated to compare prices than for the car. One of the main difficulties is that my wife runs her hairdressing business from home and has to have liability cover. (On the plus side, the massive insurance increase means less income tax to pay to HMRC!)
Having got up from the floor after getting my house & contents renewal quote of £799, I tried various comparison sites for alternative quotes. None were clear about cover when running a business from home. Then I thought I'd give my existing car insurers (LV=) a try. Not only do they make it clear that full cover is still provided when running a business from home, their quote was for £313. One of the easiest decisions I've ever had to make.

So got my renewal yesterday.....
Anyhow a quick comparison site check and a phone call. Renewed at the same price as last year. I do wonder why they insist on playing this game every year
Screenshot_20240409_193452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom