Leg room difference....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALFAitalia

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 ALFA 159 2.0 JTDM, Merc A170 (W169), Merc CLK 200K (C209) gone, 1999 Merc SLK 230K (R170) gone.
I'm trying to help a friend with a 2014 W212 saloon E350 ....he's been offered an E Class coupe E400 AMG line...white with red leather (looks great in the pics)....but like me he has gangly teenage son!. I've tried the Googler but has no luck...does anyone know the difference in rear legroom of the coupe compared to the saloon...I realise that the headroom will be less but the period roadtests say its Ok up to about 6 feet...so that's fine....anyone got the measurements for the saloon/coupe legroom? Thanks in advance.

Don't have the measurements but just a reminder that the E class coupes are 4 seaters. Have a look on Auto Trader as they give some of the dimensions of cars that are being sold.

This car is on there.....and no they dont!!.....well they do but not legroom, just boot capacity and overall length etc.

E class saloon (aka a taxi) has more legroom than my coupe (E400 myself)

Remember it's on a different chassis (if it's a C207 - pre 2017) based on the smaller c class.

And access for a taller person is a pita.....

If the driver or front passenger is tall and has the seat back anywhere near halfway on the runners, the room in the back of a W212 E class saloon is pretty restricted.

I’m 6’2” and I think that the room in the rear is pretty crappy for such a large car (w212 saloon). Can’t imagine the coupe is usable

I had a 2016 S212 E350 and loved it the rear leg room in this car was very good in my opinion, I never measured it or travelled in the rear but have sat in the back and had plenty of room.

I sold the estate after 5 years of ownership and purchased a 2019 E220 Coupe, this was really an impulse buy because I have always loved their looks, the technology inside was great and this is the only car I have owned that the wife loved the look of, I did take a couple of friends to a gig in it but the access is not great and it’s pretty snug in the back not really meant for rear passengers to travel any great distance in my opinion.

Robin

Sounds like he needs an S class… pref LWB 😎

I’m 6’2” and I think that the room in the rear is pretty crappy for such a large car (w212 saloon). Can’t imagine the coupe is usable
Have you sat in the back of W211? I tried mine yesterday and was astounded how little headroom there was - my head was touch the roof and I'm about 6'1". There actually seemed to be more room at the back of a C218 CLS - I could at least just about slide my hand in between my head and the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom