Loss of our pet and friend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc59

Car
C Class W204
Been a really rough couple of days for us adjusting to the sad loss of our cat Martini. She wandered into our life around 8 years ago after abandoning her 1st home (our new next door neighbour) and stayed with us. We eventually moved and she came with us and had been a loving and laid back cat always.
Unfortunately she became ill Friday and after 3 hours at the vets with them running tests it became apparent that she was a very sick old lady (18 years old) and I had to make the decision to end her suffering. A horrible decision but one in my heart that I knew was right for her.
We now have to come to terms that she will not be waking us up, pestering us for food and treats and snoring like a trooper when she's asleep memories that we will all cherish. DSC_0140.JPG

Always so hard to say goodbye. You obviously have her such a good home she moved in 🙂

Sorry for your loss, I know what you’re going through. It’s been 4 years and never a day passes that I don’t think about my Maisy and when I will be with her again

I share your pain. We lost our cat last year. I can't bring myself to replace her.

Sorry to hear about Martini. We lost my wife’s Birmans Tao at the age of 19 about 4 years ago and we both miss him still, although our 20 month old Cockapoo has helped . He was 2 when I met my wife and was a constant presence in our lives together. We do however have a great many good memories of him and often talk about life with him as I am sure you will over the coming years.

Very sad loss. I rescued a big all black monster that had been living rough and had all sorts of health problems. After a visit to my pal who is a vet, she nipped his nuts, treated his ears and skin problems. He was so affectionate and would snuggle up to anyone he could get at, sadly he dropped dead with heart failure two years later. He was found and brought home to me and given a proper cremation at a pet cemetery. His ashes were scattered in the garden where he had enjoyed his last years.

RIP Big Fella "TAZ"

Glad to hear she had a good life with you.

Dreading when either and eventually both our 14 year old boys go - one daughter specifically won't cope.
They are her crutch at a difficult time for her....

Always sad....what with us usually having three of four cats (three at the moment) and rabbits (two at the moment)....we seem to never be far away from losing one of them. The last one we lost was Kiwee...our 21 year old tabby cat. As my wife was always reminding me that she had lived with that cat six months longer than me! What made that loss particularly sad was that we lost her right between my wifes parents who we lost six weeks apart...... three weeks later my 51 year old brother in law died of cancer only 8 weeks after diagnosis and then a rabbit dies unexpectedly (tumour)....being in the middle of COVID just made it all worse........That was not a good time.
Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss, had to put our cat down a few years ago (16 years ), said then - never again, tempted but not got another one.

I'm not a cat person (although somehow we've managed to "foster" 2, including the current Chocolate Point Siamese), but the loss of any pet runs surprisingly deep.
Sorry for your loss Merc59

Sorry to hear that - very sad. We got a couple of cats last year, to keep our 10 dogs company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom