Lowering springs correct fit? W639

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burtcokaine

Car
Vito 115
Hi I bought some st lowering springs off of eBay for my 2008 w639 115, I fitted one of the front springs and doesn't look as so it fits the top mount properly, so my question is from the pictures I've added is this normal or are they the wrongs springs? Thanks in advance

Hi buddy, that looks like the wrong springs and also fitted upside down looking closely at the small writing on the spring. The spring has to sit correctly onto its perch and in this case it has no perch at the top end and doesn't look like its sitting correctly at the bottom end either. Compare the springs side by side, ends should look identical with the lowered spring being slightly short. The photo below is h&r springs, as you can see the ends are the same. Take care when undoing the top bolt, it's very dangerous under compression, the clamp and eye goggle is a must.👍

20221119_134316_1.jpg

Hi buddy, that looks like the wrong springs and also fitted upside down looking closely at the small writing on the spring. The spring has to sit correctly onto its perch and in this case it has no perch at the top end and doesn't look like its sitting correctly at the bottom end either. Compare the springs side by side, ends should look identical with the lowered spring being slightly short. The photo below is h&r springs, as you can see the ends are the same. Take care when undoing the top bolt, it's very dangerous under compression, the clamp and eye goggle is a must.👍

View attachment 137770
Thanks for the reply, it was the wrong springs b

View attachment 137770
Hi thanks for the reply you was correct they was the wrong springs! Since then have bought the correct ones and she is back on the road 😃👍

Well done buddy, enjoy the sporting handing 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom