MERCEDES-BENZ 308 engine...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DutchMB

Car
No camper.... jet.
Hello everyone, New to this forum and looking for a nice Mercedes camper that will bring us beautiful trips.

Now I have my eye on a Mercedes Benz 308 (1982) Diesel.However, I thought that this bus should have 80 hp. When I look in the registration data I see that it has 72hp and an engine capacity of 2400cc.

See image in the attachment.

Do you think this is correct? Or is there another engine used?
I think the original engine must be: OM601 but it looks like its the OM616

Saturday I would go for a test drive.

Can you help me?

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-06 om 23.02.33.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-10-06 om 23.02.42.png

Hello Grober,

Thanks for your reply, i did find this overview... So the engine must be replaced?

From its date 82 and engine om616 its more likely to be a 307 series rather than 308 best guide is the chassis or VIN number [ missing from documentation- registration /sales document??]-----can be difficult if it was supplied as a chassis unit which can lead to anomalies between build and registration dates

Last edited:
Thanks, ill think the engine is changed... mileage is 70k and registration tells me its a 308.
Its a 3 hour drive... so i think i will skip this one... on the the next one. :)

I believe its a relatively easy engine swap on these models so you could be correct- if in doubt walk away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom