Mud guards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
So was in the local dealer to pick up a part and I asked about a quote for mud guards (front & rear)for my w205 to only be told that mb don't do them anymore.. is there a particular reason for this? I have seen some mb branded ones on ebay and also aftermarket ones at a fraction of the price but it really is a strange one!

Mud guards increase drag and that increases ...

Ok but on these w205's I think they are a necessity because the rear bumper area behind the tyres (see pic) is constantly filthy which I have never encountered on previous mercs..
Screenshot_20231211_183417_Photo Editor.jpg

I am on the hunt for some for my w212. I have the same problem as you. Does my old no good.

I have them on my SLK - managed to find a genuine unused set on Ebay - and for my S204, bought not long after I bought the car in 2012 from MB Ashford, although the rear OS went missing a long time ago as the fixings are not great. MB Newcastle still have genuine S204 MB sets of rears for about £60, but not been able to find a single. Like the OP, I'm a believer in them, just have to look at that rear area OS v NS on the 204 to see how effective they are at keeping crap off the rear "sills". Seems the only places to find them now are Amazon and Ebay, all aftermarket from China!!

I have them on my SLK - managed to find a genuine unused set on Ebay - and for my S204, bought not long after I bought the car in 2012 from MB Ashford, although the rear OS went missing a long time ago as the fixings are not great. MB Newcastle still have genuine S204 MB sets of rears for about £60, but not been able to find a single. Like the OP, I'm a believer in them, just have to look at that rear area OS v NS on the 204 to see how effective they are at keeping crap off the rear "sills". Seems the only places to find them now are Amazon and Ebay, all aftermarket from China!!
Yes like I said above I've never had a mb or non mb car that has had this specific area get so filthy.. I also had 1 rear mud guard missing on my previous w211 but rear bumper was usually ok in regards to dirt buildup.. I think the non oem mud guards will be ok as I can't see much difference in regards to material and most reviews have said fitment holes for the screws line up with no issues..

So was in the local dealer to pick up a part and I asked about a quote for mud guards (front & rear)for my w205 to only be told that mb don't do them anymore.. is there a particular reason for this? I have seen some mb branded ones on ebay and also aftermarket ones at a fraction of the price but it really is a strange one!
I have been looking for a Set for mine, no luck so far! :rolleyes:

I have been looking for a Set for mine, no luck so far! :rolleyes:
Check amazon and eBay also a Google search brings up several aftermarket stockists depending on your model of course..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom