New owner C63 W204, first thoughts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't get why BMW don't do M touring cars (often). It seems they're really missing a trick to me.
I actually think a modded B8 S4 is a good match for a C63 (and quicker than a B8 RS4).
Apparently BMW don't because on the rare occasion they have it was unsuccessful so they don't believe there's a business case for M Tourings. From a pure volume point of view I expect they're right, look at the number of C63 estate cars for sale compared to coupe/saloon as an example. However, within the niche that is people who want a fast estate a fair few would be interested.

An S4 has been shown to be quick, but it's about so much more than that for most enthusiasts and that's where the Audis fall a bit flat.

Apparently BMW don't because on the rare occasion they have it was unsuccessful so they don't believe there's a business case for M Tourings. From a pure volume point of view I expect they're right, look at the number of C63 estate cars for sale compared to coupe/saloon as an example. However, within the niche that is people who want a fast estate a fair few would be interested.
I thought the E61 was fairly successful, if flawed. It certainly has cult status now! Agree with respect to volume, but Audi particularly sell lots of fast estate.
An S4 has been shown to be quick, but it's about so much more than that for most enthusiasts and that's where the Audis fall a bit flat.
I'd agree in general. You need to get the spec right and then a B8 S4 is a great drivers car: adjustable dampers are a must as they allow stiffer damping and less body roll than a standard S4. Sports diff is the game changer though as it TOTALLY neutralises any Audi understeer and allows tail slide. It transforms handling; great bit of kit. And of course where the S4 smashes the C63 is that you can have a manual gearbox - that's where the C63 loses huge points with respect to being a drivers car in my opinion. So, find that "hen's teeth" spec, then change the supercharger pulleys and remap for close to 500bhp. I even think the V6 sounds good in it.
For me this spec is a better car than a same era C63 in most areas other than noise and theatre. Slightly gutted I sold mine!

As mentioned before, some pictures from Ragley Hall.

I noticed that Diamond White Pearlescent doesn't look so good in the dull, but when the sun shines on it like it was doing on Sunday, it looks stunning!

Some shots of our cars below, here is the full album if anyone want's to see some other interesting ones: Ragley Hall

DSC_8296.jpg

DSC_8279.jpg

DSC_8280.jpg

DSC_8282.jpg

DSC_8283.jpg

DSC_8288.jpg

DSC_8290.jpg

DSC_8295.jpg

DSC_8296.jpg

DSC_8297.jpg

Let us know how you feel about this in the wet ;)

Glad you're enjoying it 👍

Mine lost traction and felt dicey in the wet from the start on new P Zeros. I changed to MPS4Ss and never had an issue, even starting off hard out of damp junctions in winter which would have left the previous tyres juddering and scrambling (no LSD on mine). With the Michelins, it feels stuck to the road even in running water. Sure, you shouldn't provoke it midway through a curve in a puddle, but driving sensibly fast, it's very secure. Having said that I know that on tighter turns in the wet I could press on even more with a LSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom