Not exactly a new member but newly active!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robdmarsh

Car
2017 w205 220d estate AMG line
Hi everyone I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined in 2013 but never really posted on here. My first Merc was c200 Kompressor (I believe a w203). That car was pretty troublesome I'm afraid and drank fuel like no tomorrow. It made my previous car, an Alfa 156, look reliable. But then I got a w204 220 cdi estate and this was much better. Looking to sell it now but it served me well.
Just got my third Mercedes. I told myself I would get something vanilla and sensible but couldn't resist the offer on an immaculate w205 estate AMG line in gorgeous brilliant blue. Part of the reason why this car was such a bargain is that it's a category N. Shock, horror! I know plenty of people who wouldn't touch such a car with a barge pole but they told me everything up front about the history of the car and how they acquired it and an extensive vehicle check revealed their account was accurate. In short, it's a lovely car and the outside and interior are in tip top condition. Let's see if my relationship with the car will be just as lovely!

Last edited:
Cat N (non structural) is usually fine.....Cat S (structural damage) would worry me more.

Anyway welcome and get some pics up!. Which engine does it have?

Hi and welcome 👍

It's a 220d. I want to post pictures but it's saying the image size is too large. I need to compress the size of the files. Anyway, the car is pretty awesome - barely a mark on it, the interior is immaculate and it drives very well. Just a couple of things to put right. I'm taking it back to the seller to sort out the stop/start function and the child window lock is stuck on "on". Otherwise so far so good.

It's a 220d. I want to post pictures but it's saying the image size is too large. I need to compress the size of the files. Anyway, the car is pretty awesome - barely a mark on it, the interior is immaculate and it drives very well. Just a couple of things to put right. I'm taking it back to the seller to sort out the stop/start function and the child window lock is stuck on "on". Otherwise so far so good.
If your taking the pics with your phone, Screenshoot them, that shrinks them then post. 🙂👍

If your taking the pics with your phone, Screenshoot them, that shrinks them then post. 🙂👍
Thanks for the tip. Where do you stand on the Adblue issue? I'm supposing your car is pre adblue. Would you consider buying an adblue diesel or do you think that that's asking for trouble as some others say on here?

Thanks for the tip. Where do you stand on the Adblue issue? I'm supposing your car is pre adblue. Would you consider buying an adblue diesel or do you think that that's asking for trouble as some others say on here?
Yep my car is pre adblue. Personally it wouldn't put me off, if I found the perfect car I was looking for, and it had adblue. Some will slate it, some say no problems. Same as everything on forum's. You pays ya money as they say. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom