OEM W205 Wiper Blades - great price from Dealer via ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
So my wiper blades started that annoying squeak we all get as they start to wear out. Was just about to find a set of Bosch replacements on line (always found them good) but then thought I’d just do a quick search on eBay. Found a Dealer on eBay selling OEM blades for £36 delivered! Not cheap but reassuringly expensive😉 and they’ll last a couple of years easily squeak free. The set on now lasted 3 years.

Always go OEM where possible so thank you Listers Mercedes of Grimsby. Top quality and great price👍

So my wiper blades started that annoying squeak we all get as they start to wear out. Was just about to find a set of Bosch replacements on line (always found them good) but then thought I’d just do a quick search on eBay. Found a Dealer on eBay selling OEM blades for £36 delivered! Not cheap but reassuringly expensive😉 and they’ll last a couple of years easily squeak free. The set on now lasted 3 years.

Always go OEM where possible so thank you Listers Mercedes of Grimsby. Top quality and great price👍
I’ve bought a few things from their eBay shop recently too, and the prices have undercut the usual eBay shops in Newcastle and Edinburgh, including special order parts.

Bosch are £3 cheaper than OEM, and the MB ones show a yellow dot when worn so I don't get the squick

Mine lasted a decade.

The Mercedes branded blades have a black dot that goes yellow when the blades are worn and need replacing. The change in colour is due to sunlight and is an away of detecting the rubber hardening due to uv. I replaced my wipers last January and was mot amazed that the dots had gone yellow by mid June. The car lives outside on my drive in North Northumberland not the most sunny place on the planet. If I went in to the dealers workshop I am sure that I would get a call the “ your blades are dangerously worn and need replacing”. Despite the yellow showing the blades are silent and clean perfectly. A black get tipped pen on the dots or peel them off prior to the next service will be in order to stop the phone call.
I have always used blades from the MB eBay dealers and have found Listers to be the best price and really quick delivery. The blades easily do 30k miles and over 2 years .

I always use RainX on my screen. Above 40mph the rain just blows off, below 40mph an occasional flick of the wipers is all I need

I always use RainX on my screen. Above 40mph the rain just blows off, below 40mph an occasional flick of the wipers is all I need
I’ve often thought of doing the same , but does it cause judder or affect the auto wiper settings ?

I wont use it for that reason....on the A class or my ALFA its sends the auto wipers flat out all the time. Think it somehow affects the sensor.....others seem to be fine with it so may be I have sensitive cars! Great stuff on the other windows and bike helmet visors though!!

I used Rain X almost 20 years ago and it worked brilliantly - motorway speeds didn’t require wipers at all - until I put the wipers on at lower speeds and then it was a bit rubbish to be honest. They may have improved it now though.

My cars have all had had the Gyeon equivalent although my new detailer has used a couple of other equivalents, but they all perform well with and without the wipers on - the first seep is marginally suboptimal but then perfectly fine.

I’ve often thought of doing the same , but does it cause judder or affect the auto wiper settings ?
I have been using it for years on all my cars with no problems whatsoever. Think its great, wipers are hardly used. Faster you go the better it gets. as I said below 40mph, an occasional flick wipe is all you need. Personally speaking, I don't snow foam the windscreen. I clean it with clean water & wipe the blades with a paper towel to keep them clean. Amazing the dirt on them. Not saying to do this but I think it helps.

Have to say I’ve really never had that many issues with wiper blades. I’m sure I’ve only ever bought a few sets, most cars I’ve owned have never needed replacement ones - even the daily drivers!

Always make a point of thoroughly cleaning the windscreen and wiper blades when it’s washed though, I wonder if some people use them on iced up glass etc or never clean them properly?

BTW not all MB wipers have the UV indicators. The 166 style don’t, as confirmed by MB following a service visit when they tried to sell me new wipers the morning after I’d fitted a new genuine set before it went in. After disagreeing with me they checked a set from their own parts department and realised their mistake! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom