Passenger seat wiring ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CathyB

Car
Vito Van
We have a 2017 Vito van with a leisure battery fitted under the passenger seat. We had to remove the seat turntable. To do this we had to disconnect the wiring. We have two sets of factory fitted electrical connectors which are fine but we also have 6 pairs of wires on inline bullet connectors, which I have some mixed up in reconnection as since reconnecting the seat the passenger front airbag fault light is on constantly on the dashboard!! Help any ideas?? I have attached a picture of both end of the bullets, the black tape is around a plain blue lead. I’ve done the obvious swap arounds and I’m currently at a point where the fault light doesn’t come on until a few seconds after starting the ignition, but I’ve not got any further than that! Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4416.jpeg
    IMG_4416.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4415.jpeg
    IMG_4415.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I’ve not seen those wires/connectors on a Mercedes before.
They look distinctly Japanese.
Could it be something aftermarket?

I’ve not seen those wires/connectors on a Mercedes before.
They look distinctly Japanese.
Could it be something aftermarket?
Looking at the bullet connectors used, I would agree, aftermarket. There is a leisure battery under the seat, and there was a swivel fitted, so I’m assuming these wires were altered when either or both of these were done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom