Reverse Camera retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie1982

Car
2014 C63 AMG
Any suggestions on where or who is best to go to in the Berkshire area to retrofit a reverse camera in a E63 AMG Estate?

^ If you have a few quid left over, get Command online to fit an Auto watch Ghost for additional security.

^ If you have a few quid left over, get Command online to fit an Auto watch Ghost for additional security.
I've been thinking about one of these. Not cheap yet not expensive with the added peace of mind I suppose it is a no brainer

I had comand.co.uk fit front parking sensors and a reversing camera to my S204 and have subsequently kicked myself for not having the rear parking sensors fitted at the same time! The reversing camera retrofit does not have the guidance lines, accumulates crap as the rear of estates does, and although helpful does not give distance warnings the way the front sensors do. Think about it!

I had comand.co.uk fit front parking sensors and a reversing camera to my S204 and have subsequently kicked myself for not having the rear parking sensors fitted at the same time! The reversing camera retrofit does not have the guidance lines, accumulates crap as the rear of estates does, and although helpful does not give distance warnings the way the front sensors do. Think about it!
Thanks for the feedback, I just assumed it would have the guidelines as both my A45's did. If not then it's relatively pointless to have it fitted, I'll see what they have to say. If not I'll just opt for the ghost

The original MB camera for the W204 did not have the guiding lines, but aftermarket cameras do. COMAND UK should be able to make some recommends based on what's available for your car.

The original MB camera for the W204 did not have the guiding lines, but aftermarket cameras do. COMAND UK should be able to make some recommends based on what's available for your car.
I'll certainly ask the question, thanks for your help

I've just had a Mercedes reverse camera fitted to my 2012 W204 with COMAND. It has guidelines but no dimensions.

2-C class Camera-500x500.jpeg

This was supplied and fitted by Autologics at my house for a total price of £400.00. Their mobile fitting service operates throughout the UK. They came out to me a week after I placed my order and the guy who fitted it did an excellent job. I didn't have to pay anything until the job was completed. I can thoroughly recommend them.

I've just had a Mercedes reverse camera fitted to my 2012 W204 with COMAND. It has guidelines but no dimensions.

View attachment 141780

This was supplied and fitted by Autologics at my house for a total price of £400.00. Their mobile fitting service operates throughout the UK. They came out to me a week after I placed my order and the guy who fitted it did an excellent job. I didn't have to pay anything until the job was completed. I can thoroughly recommend them.

When I had the reverse camera fitted to my W204, I was told that the only way to get the camera fitted inside the boot lid trim (the location of a factory-fitted camera) is by fitting a genuine MB camera that unfortunately has no guidelines, and that if I wanted guidelines than I'd have to settle for an after-market camera, but this will fit in the number plate light (which I did not want) and not in the boot lid trim. I am just wondering what make camera did you install, and where is it fitted?

When I had the reverse camera fitted to my W204, I was told that the only way to get the camera fitted inside the boot lid trim (the location of a factory-fitted camera) is by fitting a genuine MB camera that unfortunately has no guidelines, and that if I wanted guidelines than I'd have to settle for an after-market camera, but this will fit in the number plate light (which I did not want) and not in the boot lid trim. I am just wondering what make camera did you install, and where is it fitted?
I’ll confess to not knowing what make of camera was installed. It could well have been an after-market one. I can’t check it at the moment but suspect it won’t have any markings on it. I’ll take a photo of its location later.

Here’s the camera fitted yesterday.

IMG_8243.jpeg

It's an aftermarket camera. Obviously, camera technology has progressed since the facelift W204 was first introduced in 2010, so it will a better camera than the genuine one. The only minor downside is that the camera isn't in the location of the original camera (the boot lid trim), but that's a small price to pay, and not everyone will mind anyway.

It's an aftermarket camera. Obviously, camera technology has progressed since the facelift W204 was first introduced in 2010, so it will a better camera than the genuine one. The only minor downside is that the camera isn't in the location of the original camera (the boot lid trim), but that's a small price to pay, and not everyone will mind anyway.

On closer look, it does look as if they managed to squeeze the camera into the original camera position - do you have the best of both worlds!

Hi , my C207 does not have a reversing camera. Mercedes dealer kindly leant me a car with a reversing camera fitted , I just found it strange to use.

Hi , my C207 does not have a reversing camera. Mercedes dealer kindly leant me a car with a reversing camera fitted , I just found it strange to use.
I used to find them strange to use, and I thought it unnecessary, which is why I didn’t specify one when I ordered the car. But now that I’m older and with back issues that prevent me turning to look fully behind, it’s just what I need. Mirrors don’t tell me where there are kids lurking behind, sensors only tell me that they’re somewhere!

View attachment 141780

Thats an aftermarket camera with lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom