Royal mail strikes and eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
So I had 3 auctions end just before/during the strikes...

I paid 2 by paypal, and 1 by cheque (unfortunately!) and my items haven't arrived. One of the sellers is very helpfull and sent me the Royal Mail claim form and proof of posting, and said that anything they they don't refund, he would refund (item value ~ £115). The other said that he'll get back to me (cheque dude), and the third I haven't contacted yet.

What should I do? Is there any way to get RM to look for the items or are they lost and gone forever? Should I claim via RM or risk the negative and get a paypal refund?

Michele

apparently there is still a huge backlog, mainly of parcels - I'd give it another week

Well you can claim for the paypal ones through the buyer protection scheme as items not received (limit of £500).

As far as im aware (check with ebay) its the sellers reponsibility to claim from royal mail - not yours and proof of posting doesn't exclude the seller from being ultimately responsible.

Check with royal mail but, i think standard post does not include insurance - even if it you have proof of posting.

Recorded is insured up to £32

And special delivery is £500

All this from memory so check with royal mail and ebay - im sure if im wrong, someone off here will correct me.

Standard mail is insured up to 100 times the value of a 1st class stamp - the same as Recorded in that case.

It is the sellers responsibility to claim via Royal Mail as mentioned above.

Paypal can take a long time - best to get the seller to do as much as possible and explain you're going to use Paypal ' to make it official' if need be.

As Andy says, still a backlog so maybe wait a bit longer.

I had one parcel allegedly sent on October 10th, still not turned up. The seller (a shop) gave me a refund, so now it shows as an item I've won but not paid for :confused:

Not sure where we go from here. He said he would email me when he had more stock (due last week), but not heard anything.

I won and paid for 3 items before the strike action and yes they took a while to get here but they have all arrived (about 2/3 weeks ago) so not sure how much of a backlog there is (maybe I should know-I work for them!) but I would imagine they are getting through it, mind you, with Christmas coming up, we are already getting busier....:S

I won and paid for 3 items before the strike action and yes they took a while to get here but they have all arrived (about 2/3 weeks ago) so not sure how much of a backlog there is (maybe I should know-I work for them!) but I would imagine they are getting through it, mind you, with Christmas coming up, we are already getting busier....:S

I've got a fuel tank and a fairing panel for a Ducati (tiny slip on the road, its cheaper to buy second tank than to respray the old one apparently) the auctions ended 29-Sept and 01-Oct...

I think I'm going to email both sellers and tell them I'm going to wait another week; but after that I would like them to claim... (Sadly, the tank which was roughly £50 was done by cheque...)

In the meantime, I'm forced to use a scratched bike :( (not that I use it much given the rain!)

Michele

I'm VERY ticked off now...

The seller told me that I "should have paid for for insured postage", even though I paid £20 for First Class recorded (and he sent it paying £10.71 for standard parcels!)

So I had enough and thought I would escalate this to a paypal dispute - but, apparently, I can't do that because I've been trying to resolve this for over 45 days! The auction ended on the first of October and apparently the 45 day limit isn't from when you file a eBay dispute, but from when the auction ends!

NOT pleased! Now, I feel like all I can do is recover £34 from Royal Mail, leave the seller negative, and leave it at that...

Michele

I'm VERY ticked off now...

The seller told me that I "should have paid for for insured postage", even though I paid £20 for First Class recorded (and he sent it paying £10.71 for standard parcels!)

So I had enough and thought I would escalate this to a paypal dispute - but, apparently, I can't do that because I've been trying to resolve this for over 45 days! The auction ended on the first of October and apparently the 45 day limit isn't from when you file a eBay dispute, but from when the auction ends!

NOT pleased! Now, I feel like all I can do is recover £34 from Royal Mail, leave the seller negative, and leave it at that...

Michele
havent you got a long tracking number off the seller when they posted either by registered or recorded delivery?? which can be tracked on the royal mail website hope it is of use...also e mail the sellers you not happy with and warn them what you are going to do and may be give them a chance to put it right regards jon:mad:

havent you got a long tracking number off the seller when they posted either by registered or recorded delivery?? which can be tracked on the royal mail website hope it is of use...also e mail the sellers you not happy with and warn them what you are going to do and may be give them a chance to put it right regards jon:mad:

The seller sent the fairing standard parcels; not recorded in any form other than a proof of postage!

and I am emailing him daily in the dispute console...

Needless to say, I am NOT pleased! Any idea where I stand from a legal standpoint? He did advertise a service (sending via 1st class recorded) and didn't do it (sent it via Std. Parcels).

Michele

surly you can report him to ebay for false advertising (postage incorrect):(

surly you can report him to ebay for false advertising (postage incorrect):(

That I can - but it wont get my £120 back! I was thinking of filing a claim at a small claims court - but I'm not familiar enough with distrance selling act (or whatever its called...)

Michele

That I can - but it wont get my £120 back! I was thinking of filing a claim at a small claims court - but I'm not familiar enough with distrance selling act (or whatever its called...)

Michele
goodluck with whatever you do and hope the result is as you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom