Tesla Suppress Thousands of Range Complaints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Speaking with the authorized Tesla service manager near me. (name no names)

The last one in for a service was offered on the over the air update service and software patch to increase the range of the car by 50 miles. (popped up on screen during its service)

Great you think...

No

It wasnt free it was £3000!!!!! and yes there was a "buy it now" option....

And its not just Tesla...

JLR offer a similar patch.. but they can finance it over 12 months for you.. how nice of them...

And FSD is only available on monthly hire....

Come to think of it, MB's connected services are (almost) all subscription based.

Speaking with the authorized Tesla service manager near me. (name no names)

The last one in for a service was offered on the over the air update service and software patch to increase the range of the car by 50 miles. (popped up on screen during its service)

Great you think...

No

It wasnt free it was £3000!!!!! and yes there was a "buy it now" option....

And its not just Tesla...

JLR offer a similar patch.. but they can finance it over 12 months for you.. how nice of them...

I’m guessing the car would have originally been purchased as a Model S 60, these are all cars with a 75 kWH battery that’s software limited to an effective 60 kWH and sold at a cheaper price.

Tesla offered the option to ‘unlock’ the remaining capacity if they needed more range.

Not sure what’s wrong with this? They paid for 60 kWH and got what they paid for…

All software updates are free forever and done from your driveway at home… and there’s no scheduled service routine or even a ‘service’ offered.

And FSD is only available on monthly hire....

Come to think of it, MB's connected services are (almost) all subscription based.
Tesla FSD (beta) isn’t available in the U.K. yet anyway due to our backwards laws.

The option is available at a fixed price too; the monthly option was added to let people try it out before shelling out and of course some prefer to keep it as a monthly payment rather than shelling out thousands at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom