W126's are tough as old boots.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChipChop

MB Enthusiast
Car
S210 320cdi w201 190d 2.5
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He was probably on the way to see Ken at The Benz Store which is on NW Highway near North Druid Hills. That's where I used to buy my MB Parts when I lived in Atlanta.

Not that tough....something in the engine clearly let go early on in the chase looking at how much it smoked!!!

Not that tough....something in the engine clearly let go early on in the chase looking at how much it smoked!!!
In a world where most 30+ year old cars have been crushed and put on a slow recycling boat to China i would say the w126 is built better than most cars irrespective of age. Such a pity this example was being driven by such a low life.

It was a short wheelbase car so either an M103 300SE or a OM603 diesel 350SD. He might have gotten away if he was in a 560SEL.

Last edited:
It was a short wheelbase car so either an M103 300SE or a OM603 diesel 350SD.
Appeared to be getting quite a shift on at some points in the hot pursuit so probably a petrol model i would have thought. Poor old car. :(

Those old merc saloons are bullet proof, i Love it when you find one still working as a cab in Cape Verde or Morocco or somewhere and it’s got a billion miles on it and replacement bits made out of wood, maybe with some of the glass missing. My partner hates It when I insist on getting them for a ride instead of any of the newer ones on the rank.

It was a short wheelbase car so either an M103 300SE or a OM603 diesel 350SD. He might have gotten away if he was in a 560SEL.
You can get 420SE and 500SE quite commonly . I had one of the former , at the same time as my 500SEL and 280SE , and I have a friend with a 500SE . I've never seen a 560SE , but I think it could be specified in the GUARD B6 version .

Those old merc saloons are bullet proof, i Love it when you find one still working as a cab in Cape Verde or Morocco or somewhere and it’s got a billion miles on it and replacement bits made out of wood, maybe with some of the glass missing. My partner hates It when I insist on getting them for a ride instead of any of the newer ones on the rank.
The GUARD B6 versions literally were bullet and bomb proof - by design - Mercedes have been building special protection vehicles for special customers since 1928 .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Had it been a GUARD B6 version , they'd have had to wait for it to run out of fuel , and then watch him laughing at them as they tried to break in !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom