W209 gearbox rebuild then water damage help ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aliharry

Car
Mercedes W202 C230k
Hi all,

I have a 2006 clk500 722.9 and recently it needed a gearbox rebuild due to slippage. The clutch rings were burnt and the torque converter was contaminated also with some debris and dirt. I got it rebuilt and then not one week later it started to slip really badly again. I took it back to the garage and they’ve informed me that coolant had mixed all over the gearbox and it needed a new radiator.

Now the car never had a radiator issue and definitely was not mixing coolant before. My question is, what are the odds of this happening as I feel it’s highly likely that the garage has caused this damage while rebuilding the gearbox and torque converter. Is it feasible that they have possibly done this as I’m failing to see how this could happen immediately after the rebuild. My main issue is they are saying it’s completely independent and not related however it’s happened straight after their work. this model is much later then the terrible valeo radiators so it’s not going to be because of the quality either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom