W639 Fuse box question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sagani

Car
2008 Vito 120 CDI
Hi All
Hopefully someone can help me out on here please?
So I have a w639 Vito 2008 and the fuse box is in the engine bay, in a big square box.
I needed to replace the box blower/ cooler today as it was getting very loud (what a wonderful job that is.... Not)
While I had all of the contents of the box out, I noticed that there is a white connector with a single wire not plugged into the underside of the main fuse board.

I'll find find a photo online of the part and make it for you. I believe it has an 18 or I8 marked on the socket where it lives.

Basically the wiring in that compartment has been messed around a lot over its life and looks a little like a birds nest, I'm not sure I should plug in a plug that has been left out by someone without knowing what it does.
Maybe its an alarm thing as that looks like its not working anymore (not since I have owned it) or maybe its a wire that has failed in the past and someone has replaced it elsewhere in the line.
So anyone know what the wire is for?
While I'm asking can anyone tell me where the gearbox control module is meant to live as it has just been slung on top of the birds nest. I assume it has a home?

Thanks for any help given and I hope to have a fuse box I can be proud of :D

Si

Vito fuse box.jpg

Sorry can't tell you what the wire is for.

As far as I know the alarm fuse will run from there to the sounder (rail F35, number 37). The wiring is from that to the drivers o/h light.

If you have 12 volts at the sounder that would eliminate the wire as that feed.

In fact if anyone could identify the wires at the o/h light. and where they go, that would help me as I have one cut back from an unknown point and taped back, so no alarm.

The SAM sits underside of the fuse tray.
Both the ECU and TCU sit low down at the front of the fuse enclosure. They push down and slot into the plastic slide ins down there.

Birds nest is as I would expect. I've organised the wiring to be a bit better, but it comes as a messy nest.

Attachments

• 639 Fuse Board.jpg
    639 Fuse Board.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Sorry can't tell you what the wire is for.

As far as I know the alarm fuse will run from there to the sounder (rail F35, number 37). The wiring is from that to the drivers o/h light.

If you have 12 volts at the sounder that would eliminate the wire as that feed.

In fact if anyone could identify the wires at the o/h light. and where they go, that would help me as I have one cut back from an unknown point and taped back, so no alarm.

The SAM sits underside of the fuse tray.
Both the ECU and TCU sit low down at the front of the fuse enclosure. They push down and slot into the plastic slide ins down there.

Birds nest is as I would expect. I've organised the wiring to be a bit better, but it comes as a messy nest.
Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can tidy up the box a bit.
I'll see what I can do about the gearbox module as it look like the holding rails of the box have see better days.
Maybe someone else will have some info on that plug on the underside....
Thanks again for the help.

Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom