[Wanted] R230 Steering Wheel (with shift buttons)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay-Kay

As per thread title.

Anyone has got a spare one or unwanted one laying around?
progress.gif

Well it just happens that I have my CLK55 wheel with the buttons as I upgraded to a CLK63 wheel with paddles..... PM an offer... I know what they are going for on Ebay...

Well it just happens that I have my CLK55 wheel with the buttons as I upgraded to a CLK63 wheel with paddles..... PM an offer... I know what they are going for on Ebay...

Thanks for that, I am new in the forum so no allowed to use PM yet.

Also quite surprised to know you were able to upgrade your steering wheels because MB told me the push buttons & paddle shift works differently with the gear box.
Woud you mind giving me more info about upgrading from button steering to paddle steering please?

A simple upgrade really... Was offered a CLK63 wheel and as mine had the shift buttons on the old wheel already it was a simple swap the wheel. All worked without any "star" work.. much much better

A simple upgrade really... Was offered a CLK63 wheel and as mine had the shift buttons on the old wheel already it was a simple swap the wheel. All worked without any "star" work.. much much better

Is it just a direct swap without any modification?
My MB local dealer told me button steering cannot be upgraded to paddle steering.

very confusing for me now.

Mercedes will always tell you that... This is a modification and they will also tell you that Command cant be retrofitted just like many other options.. This is total rubbish, some of the members on this forum have fitted many options to their cars from other models i.e E63 bits to E55, CLK63 to CLK55 etc etc also forum members have very good bussiness's doing retrofits of many options to all models

Finding the parts sometimes takes a while as we all scan Ebay from around the world, thats the beauty about this forum, their are some very knowledgable people on here who will help you with information for your car.

Hi Greg

as mine is a 2003 do you think i could get the larger paddles fiited to my own wheel??

Not sure Gary... One of the E55 owners (Cliff) I think fitted paddles to his button wheel although his car is a 2006 I think... PM Alps... he is very knowlegable on allot of retrofits...

Not sure Gary... One of the E55 owners (Cliff) I think fitted paddles to his button wheel although his car is a 2006 I think... PM Alps... he is very knowlegable on allot of retrofits...

By the way, how much you are after for your old steering wheel?

and then there was silence...........................LOL

Good price for an original AMG steering wheel.

done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom