Which Coolant? OM642 E350 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milan11

Car
E350
Hi I am wanting to do a coolant flush and am unclear on the correct coolant to purchase from Mercedes, I went to their parts dept and the person behind the counter could not tell me which coolant I needed as he said there are 2 different types red and blue (I think) and told me to check my owners manual or in the expansion tank.

Cannot see any info in the owners manual and the expansion tank it looks brown.

I have checked on this forum and cannot find an answer, looked on MB EPC but it does not show the fluids and only the parts.

The car is a 2009 E350 W212 with a OM642 engine, any help would be appreciated as I am wanting to do the coolant flush this week.

Regards
Milan

Hi I have the same year and engine. My coolant is blue. Make sure that you drain all the old out that way you should be ok.

My 2009 E280 cdi has the OM642 engine and the coolant colour is blue.

OK great I will go with the Blue one as this is what I have seen elsewhere now online. Looks like it is MB 325.0 or 326.0 coolant. Does anybody know of an alternative to MB original as the price looks quite high for the original?

I tend to use the Halfords stuff. Type your reg in and it will come up with blue and red. Buy enough blue and your off

I just had a look at Halfords and they have Comma G48 readymix coolant which is approved for MB 325.0 and is around £20 for 5L so this seems fine and probably the option I will opt for. Thanks

This is what you require

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom