£25 to £40 for a1248200401 footwell light r129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
While replacing hood release cable the footwell light cover broke in 3 pieces

d8ed70a126ceea7de9e2294ce3ce4a8f.jpg

It looks like it had been hanging in there for a while.

Quick check on eBay and these covers are anything between £15 to £40. An eBayer from Latvia has lots of original mb parts. Bought some items of him over the last few months at reasonable prices but not this part.

Will be attempting to melt it back together tomorrow.

There is too much tension on the parts for a glue it back together option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super glue it, then lightly melt the inside part with a solidering iron.

If I break a clip half off, I do this and it's 90% as strong as before.

Could you give me the exact dimension of the light. I’m sure I have one like it in the workshop, it was an interior light from my Rover days.
If it fits your welcome to have it.

An eBayer from Latvia has lots of original mb parts. Bought some items of him over the last few months at reasonable prices but not this part.

I think I know which seller you mean - on all the items I’ve seen they have been more than MB directly.

Hi,
I know there maybe trouble buying parts from a MB dealer at the moment but that pt. no. is just over a fiver.

Could you give me the exact dimension of the light. I’m sure I have one like it in the workshop, it was an interior light from my Rover days.
If it fits your welcome to have it.

That is very kind.

It is 23mm wide and 48 or 49mm long

20mm tall but that does not really matter as it goes up in the footwell cover anyway.

While replacing hood release cable the footwell light cover broke in 3 pieces

It looks like it had been hanging in there for a while.

Quick check on eBay and these covers are anything between £15 to £40. An eBayer from Latvia has lots of original mb parts. Bought some items of him over the last few months at reasonable prices but not this part.

Will be attempting to melt it back together tomorrow.

There is too much tension on the parts for a glue it back together option.

There is UV setting glue available on Ebay/Amazon.....paint the glue on and expose to UV light (provided in kit). Might work for you!

Hi Boeken. I was in a panic, went out to the workshop and found the backing plate for the light but no light.
On the 2nd last box I looked in and found it but it’s 30mm x 90 mm so way to big, but all is not lost as I found another one where the mounting hole is within your measurement.
PM me your address and I will post it off to you. When this is all over go down to the pub and buy me a pint of Guinness, if I don’t turn up either the virus got me or I’m lost so just drink it yourself.

For good measure I ordered some plastic weld. Will let you know how I get on. Will keep it as a spare

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom