1994 S600 Coupe Bose/Becker question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V12

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320CDI LWB
Hi,
This has everyone stumped so far...

We want to use an IPod with an original Becker/Bose sound system in a 1994 S600 Coupe, it has a cd changer with two din plugs going into it, which we believe maybe a rebadged alpine unit. The headunit in question is a Becker mexico 2000, and i can get pictures (of the connecting leads or anything you need) for anyone that may be able to help.

Anyone got a clue? or even know anymore than me?

Thanks,
Ricky

Hugely late bump, but did you ever manage to get an aux-in fitted to your Becker Mexico 2000?

I've just bought a w140 600 SEL and would like to do likewise.

Cheers,

Drew

No one could say for sure and we didn't want to cut up the leads just to test.
We fitted a good fm modulator and it does the job ok.
We fitted a sony one to begin with but the quality was appalling.

Thanks for the quick response!

Do you remember the make/type of modulator you used?

I'm getting mixed signals too. There are places in the US that will wire an aux-in to the Becker 1432, which looks identical to the 1431 that my 600 has, but still haven't heard back on if the '31 is similarly moddable.

Cheers,

Drew

I think it was an alpine unit. It had a little screen and could be used in conjunction with any of the alpine accessories. I believe we fitted the ipod kit as well. It is some 7+ years ago now and I have a terrible memory.

The best solution I found was a switcher box that used the aerial input as an aux input. The only downside was needing up unplug the ipod to before the radio could be used, which becomes a pain when switching between the 2. I never found an FM transmitter that worked particularly well.

Millo, that is a FM modulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom