2 attempted thefts time to move on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would prefer gas strut I’m a electrician but prefer the strut ones
I have a few gas strut “Dampy” bollards and they work well - they match the electric ones too. Only one has been tested and it was the gas strut version, and it successfully stopped a car in its tracks too.

I think gas strut ones would be ideal👍
They great. Turn the key and they raise automatically. Foot on the top and a gentle push to get them back in the ground. The shorter ones are easier in that respect, as it’s easier to get your foot on the top!

They great. Turn the key and they raise automatically. Foot on the top and a gentle push to get them back in the ground. The shorter ones are easier in that respect, as it’s easier to get your foot on the top!

Ticks all the boxes, any particular brands to look at? 👍

that’s messed up did he get anything out of them ?
Just a sorry was "testing" the car.

They lost a loyal customer who just bought a Huracan STO.

I don't see him going back.

Only one has been tested and it was the gas strut version, and it successfully stopped a car in its tracks too.

I once saw a car hit the rise-up 'wedge' that some car parks used to have instead of a barrier ... it ripped the sump off. He was trying to tailgate another car through, so accelerating quite hard when he hit it. Paying for the parking would have been a lot cheaper :D

Last edited:
I posted this advice on another forum:
Much has been spoken about this subject. What latest Gucci high speed systems can be installed (an industry in itself) but ultimately the same best practice advice remains and will continue to do so:
Make it Hard To Steal. Mixture of tech and physical. Don’t purely rely on tech-it can fail or be worked around (like in this example).Multiple layers that mean the criminals will burn time trying to get through them and increase the risk of detection. Unless you have something they really want (and that elevates the risk of a far more serious threat such as home invasion/car jacking etc) they will move onto the lower hanging fruit. Something as simple as putting an older car in the way blocking the asset can be a good deterrent. Essentially make it a pain in the **** so they go somewhere else.
And of course-whatever system/method you chose to use, use it Every.Single.Time.
The day you forget/can’t be bothered is the day you will need it.
Can add more if people wish but hopefully you get the idea. ‘Red Team’ it and look at your car from a criminal viewpoint and work back from there.

An X5 was a consideration when picking my latest vehicle , until i got some insurance quotes and on that basis alone it was ruled out of the equation.

K
Same thing for us... bizarrely it was cheaper to insure an Aston Martin than an X5/Q7/Cayenne.

MB GLE was fine though so worth checking it out.

The bollard look nice, but if they want it, prepare to get woken up for the key.
But it will but put the vast majority off.

Aye, I put all my keys in a box next to the door.
I've got good security on my three exterior doors, so if they get inside, I want them to easily find my car and security keys.
Then take the car, without a need to come searching upstairs to where the family is sleeping.

with so many cars stolen in the UK, I always wonder what do they do with them?

:shocking

Despite recent motor vehicle theft increases there are less than half the number of vehicle thefts than there used to be....about 130,000 22/23 financial year....compared to around 307,000 in 02 to 03.

A lot of more luxury cars at the moment are ending up in Russia due to the sanctions. There are routes via Tehran and Georgia which makes this possible, a lot of Range Rovers are ending up over there.

Why do drivers in Russia, Iran and Georgia want a RHD car that would be most impractical in their LHD countries? If there is a market for stolen cars then stealing from the rest of Europe is a better business proposition.

Taking abroad
Used for parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom