2011 W212 E Class - hand brake warning light on dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

Was just wondering if anyone here has ever come across a similar issue to what i'm having.

My foot operated parking brake appears to release fine (I hear the click) however the warning on dash does not dissapear, I then move the parking brake upwards manually and this appears to get rid of the warning light.

I've got a service due soon and car has a tier 1 warranty so hopefully this should be sorted however as its a bit intermittent would be good to hear of any members who have already resolved it in the event it does not appear when car is at dealer.

Trouble with dealers if it does not do it when its with them they seem to give up on trying to fix..

Last edited:
Maybe it's gone slack. Does the parking brake actually hold the car on a bit of a hill when in neutral?

If not you might need to adjust the tension on the shoes in the rear disc/drum combo which is done with the wheel off and a flat head through a hole to knock around an adjusting wheel.

Yep I tested last week on a empty downhill slope, car was rolling at a very slow speed in neutral and I applied handbrake to stop the car, seems worse since I did that but probably a coincidence!

i had something similar happen with my 1995 W202, a bit of the parking brake pedal had broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom