2nd car proving expensive!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazzler

Car
W211 Estate 320CDI, E55 AMG 54 plate.
I would like to have an m3 tag top as a 2 nd car. I've tried multi car insurance companies bur it seems the 2nd car stands alone.
How do people insure their 2nd cars?
I've tried Adrian Flux to no avail.

Have you tried Aviva?

I found the multi car discounts to be anything but discounted.

Use the comparison sites and shop around. Don't forget trying direct line too as they were best for me this time around and they aren't on the comparison sites.

I believe Esure and Sheilas Wheels give multi car discounts.
My wifes BMW is insured through Sheilas wheels where as mine is insured through Esure. When they realised we were both from the same household, I received a 10% refund. This was half way through the policy year:bannana:

Yes I've tried Aviva. Not even a multi car quote lol. Makes me mad.
Adrian flux was the same. . They advertise multi car but just end up single quoting.
Does anyone actually share your no claims bonus across both cars?

On another forum Greenlight,brentacre and A-Plan tout policies that "mirror" NCB on second vehicles.

If it's a second "dads toy" car, try calling ClassicLine - I've had my 968 insured with them for a few years now, costs me about £220pa, £100xs but no NCB accumulates.

Aviva multicar, 2011 CLS 350CDi AMG Sport and a 2012 SLK 55AMG as my Sunday car. £875 per year, but quite high excesses however.

RR

I started off with Admiral who mirrored my no claims from one car.....once you start building up two lots of NCB it sticks (except with Directline)

RR

All my cars and drivers are on one multi car policy with Admiral

Volvo V70 + C30
Mercedes CLK
BMW M3
Subaru Impreza
Fiat Punto

6 cars 3 drivers LV matched the renewal price this year but I called admiral who offer £100 of M&S vouchers to renew

Can't be beaten in my opinion:thumb:

I did mine via a broker ComputerQuotesOnline , you have to phone them for 2nd car insurance as it's not available online. They work with several insurers (one of them is Aviva) and offer what they call "mirror NCB" In effect, as you can have NCB on only one policy, they give you a discount on the 2nd car policy equal to your NCB. They also do monthly payment with no surcharge, cancel anytime with no penalty and I think all they charge for setting it up is about £15! My insurer at the time wanted over £800, with them a shade over £300 :)

Admiral for me, they mirrored my NCB but have to ask.

Did have a good deal with Axa until I told them about the non standard wheels that were fitted, they classed it as modification and them refused to insure the car, that's why I ended up with Admiral.

Mine's with Privilege and, as above, they mirrored my NCB. Well, not actually mirrored it but gave me 5 years to start with and told me that this would stay even if I changed providers.

I just phoned them up and asked them. I live on my own now, so no other drivers and after a conversation briefly explaining that it would be pretty difficult to be driving them both at the same time they agreed. Cost me about £260 a year extra for a Subaru Outback 3.0, fully comp with class 1 business use on it. Mileage restriction of 8,000, though I also have this on the Merc, so I suppose in effect I've doubled it really.

Can't remember how much the Merc was, but I do remember getting a ~£7 rebate when I changed from the Jag XFR, which was nice. :)

Try Quidco Compare. Same prices as the comparison sites but with cashback.

TBH, unless its under classic insurance, can't see an M3 being cheap to insure without NCB!

Just buy a third car and call Primo PLC (used to be on this forum). I've got 7 cars and three motorbikes insured with them, on a single policy which costs me roughly as much as insuring one of the motorbikes (a category 20 bike).

M.

Chris Knott give £20 off the second car in a household. Not much but it is something, and they are cheap too. My Volvo S60 2.5T was only £240, the wife's Saab 9-3 £220 cos of the discount, now I've got the Merc it's gone up to £300, but still mega cheap.

i wouldn't use Admiral.

they are cheap for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom