6.1 Brabus CL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting, I want to like it.
Is it me or does it look like it has 2 different types of wood in it.
Not sure about the kit in the boot either as it it doesnt look high end and the air intake appears to have been repaired with electrical tape.

Still could be a gem underneath, although Im guessing a CL55K would be the faster car?

Seen this and fancied the engine for my c43, now your talking!

As said, depends what the engine noise is, everything is repairable though, special crank and different bore/Pistons is the only difference if it has a bottom end knock it could be expensive.

Different wood is sun bleaching.

The car is only 15mins away from me.. It looks like a very well used example

Looks like it's in need of a lot of TLC!

I think you'll find that this is not based on a CL55 but on a CL500 according to this:

Engine tuning is also available for the CL 500 model. The options start with the B8 tuning kit for an increased power output of 419 hp / 308 kW and culminate in the Brabus 6.1 displacement engine with 462 hp / 340 kW at 6,200 rpm and a peak torque of 615 Nm at 3,100 rpm.

*** Scratch that *** Wrong car! This is info for the newer CL

Last edited:
Brabus wheels would be a cherry on a cake
Hope not taken off just for sale :-(

Engine parts are going to be VERY expensive!

well the engine is crocked for one and good luck getting parts for it?

Engine knocking
Broken air intake
Broken interior trim parts (seat module and rear ash tray)
Replica wheels (last mot says they are damaged on the inside)
Dodgy audio install in boot

This is just what can be seen in the pictures...

toffee-pie said:
well the engine is crocked for one and good luck getting parts for it?

Any previous experience in Brabus tuning? What parts will be hard to get? What Brabus does to an engine?
I guess a deep research would be ideal before writing this one off .....

I guess if it cost £45k to perform the upgrades I assume a large chunk of that was on the engine and will cost a similar price to restore. Unless they are standard merc bits which might be possible to get on the second hand market

Well, it's sold. A braver punter than I'd be, but of course, he may have been to see the car and believed he knew what the noise was, and how much it would cost to fix. If so, I hope he's right; personally, I'm afraid I would assume that the seller knew damn well what the engine noise was, and how much it would cost to fix, which was why he was getting rid of the car in the first place, and that if it was a cheap fix, redundancy or not he'd get it done, and sell the car for its real value.

Apart from that (!), despite what one or two have suggested, I can't see a lot wrong with it; an intake tube and a rear ashtray will cost buttons from a breaker, there's no fault evident with the seats (and the ad says they all work), and as for the wheels, it passed its MoT with them only mentioned as advisories, and by the sound of the ad the damage, whatever it was, has been repaired.

Am I the only one who gets a little tired of people nit-picking and making pejorative assumptions regarding almost every car that is posted on here?

E55bof it's the seat control module fascia which holds it to the door card that is broken.. Common problem but they aren't that cheap to replace (or weren't before) it's really annoying as it flaps about.

Little things maybe but they all add up, second hand parts for these are scarce so people charge a premium for them, also these things are just going by the pictures which aren't great.

Would you be happy with buckled wheels on your 400+ bhp car?! Yes maybe an MOT pass but that doesn't mean it's fine!

Personally I think he got more than what it's worth, CL55K's were going for not much more than that just before Christmas! What's the bets it gets resisted!?

That was a bargain to me!!!
Brabus engine....common find me another one in UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom