A first year of Mercedes ownership reviewed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
The 250TD S202 I bought last March has needed a new water pump at 155000 miles, a couple of bulbs, a wiper blade, and a set of plastic pipes and injector seals.
In 12000 busy miles, that is not bad for a busy car that has shifted furniture and building materials from here to France several times and been a ground anchor for an aeroplane while the engine of the 'plane was run in.

A fast charge through Indianapolis and Arnage four up was another cherished memory. It is waved out of junctions, seems to elicit little or no road rage and,l surprisingly, people treat me differently. The dealer's attention when I go in for spares is refreshingly cheerful and helpful. Ford and Citroen dealerships seemed to thing a customer was dipped in raw sewage before entering their garages. Sandown treat me very well.

Parts supply is good, fuel economy less so.and I still need to find an XP laptop to run Carsoft and get the auto wiper going.
Vandals have busted one mirror which was mended but that wasn't the car's fault. The jobs list currently contains an engine mount and new wishbone bushes, then I'll get the rear suspension rebushed and set up.
All things considered, I like it. I hope to hang on to it for a good while yet.

I had a w210 once that if used as a ground anchor would have almost blown away!!!

Glad you like your car, they don't have to be glamorous, new or expensive to gain respect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom